Google Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones are among the best Android devices of the year from the search giant – Google; they come with a whole bunch of amazing features. You can check all its amazing features out here ==>> “Google Pixel Phones“. Today we will be showing you an easy way you can connect a Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones to your Television. Cool right? 🙂
When you plug in a Google Pixel or Pixel XL to your TV, all that is shown on your phone screen will also appear on your TV. This guide will teach you how to connect a Google Pixel phone to TV easily, and it is entirely easy just as long as you use the right application provided here. If you followed the steps correctly, the entire process should work like a charm for you.
However, we are going to be learning two different methods you can apply to connecting a Google Pixel or Pixel XL to a TV which are the wired and wireless methods.
How To Connect Google Pixel/Pixel XL To TV: Wired & Wireless Connection Methods
You can connect your Google Pixel or Pixel XL to your TV using a wired connection, only follow the 4-easy steps below.
- First off, you will need to buy an Allshare Hub. You can purchase one on Amazon HERE
- Next, connect the Allshare Hub to your TV using a standard HDMI cord or cable.
- Connect either the Allshare Hub or your TV to the same hotspot or wireless network as the Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL.
- Next, you go to Access Settings on the Google Pixel or Google Pixel XL, and then you choose Screen Mirroring, and that is all, the Google Pixel or Pixel XL screen will appear on the TV.
Easy as A.B.C. However, note that if you have a Google Smart TV, buying the Allshare Hub would not be necessary.
Non-Rooted Device: How To Connect Google Pixel/Pixel XL To TV
Non-rooted Google Pixel/Pixel XL smartphone can also connect to TV by following the easy steps below.
- First of all, you need to get a Chromecast hardware.
- Next, you connect it to your TV and then install the Cast application, and the icon for the cast app will appear that supports the standard just like Netflix and Google Play Music.
- Make sure the Chromecast & Google Pixel are connected to same WiFi
- Download and Install Chromecast app on the Google Pixel
- Use the Wizard to completely set up Galaxy Note 7 with TV
- Open any app that supports Chromecast, and tap the Cast button within the app to initiate Screen Mirror
Wireless Connection Using Miracast
If you have a rooted device, you can connect your smartphone to your TV using Miracast. Miracast won’t work with your Google Pixel or Pixel XL unless it’s rooted.
What is Miracast? It’s a form of wireless HDMI. It lets a device display its screen on a TV or monitor wirelessly. The difference between Miracast and Chromecast is that Miracast doesn’t need an internet connection to work. It forms a direct connection between the two devices.
If your TV does not support Miracast, you may need to get an Amazon Fire TV box, Roku or a Miracast Video Adapter.
You also have to enable Miracast on your phone. To do so, you edit the build.prop file. Here’s how to do that.
Step 1: Install the Build.Prop editor.
Step 2: Go to the upper right corner and tap Add>New.
Step 3: Set your property name to “persist.debug.wfd.enable” and set the value to “1”.
Step 4: Reboot your Google Pixel.
Step 5: Enable Miracast by doing the following: Go to Settings>Display>Cast>Menu>Enable Wireless Display.
USB-C to HDMI Not an Option
The Pixel and Pixel XL do not support VESA Display Port Alternate Mode, which means it will not work with USB Type-C to HDMI adapters.
The USB Type-C to HDMI adapter features a male USB Type-C connector on one end and a female HDMI port on the other. It mirrors devices’ screens onto larger screens or TVs. Google created such a dongle to be used with the Pixel C tablet and Chromebook Pixel, but it doesn’t work with the Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones.
That means you’ll have to try one of the other solutions above to mirror your phone’s screen onto your TV.
Related Search Terms:
- google pixel miracast
- miracast pixel
- google pixel cast
- google pixel xl screen mirroring
- pixel xl miracast
- screen mirroring google pixel
- google pixel xl miracast
- google pixel phone hdmi
You can also cast your whole screen in the Casts app by opening the side menu and selecting Cast Screen / Audio.
Was this post helpful enough? You can contact us by commenting or going on any of our social media pages if you have any questions.