A certain device with the codename ZUK Z2151 received a certification on China’s TENAA some weeks ago, and that device has been confirmed to be the upcoming Lenovo ZUK Edge. Teasers have been flying around since that certification, particularly a live image of the smartphone with the display in boot mode and on the home screen, and the packaging box of the Lenovo ZUK Edge has been sighted online. Now, a live image of the phone in its about page has been sightd online.
This method seems to be the new way to reveal some specificationns of an upcoming smartphone before they are launched, as it was the same way some specifications of the Xiaomi Mi MIX Nano were revealed recently. This new teaser reveals the smartphone’s name as well as information about its processor.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Lenovo ZUK Edge has a 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080) display with 2.5D curved glass. The phone has thin bezels and a fingerprint sensor is located below the phone’s display, embedded in the home button. It is 7.68 millimetres thick and weighs 160 grammes.
The ZUK Edge is powered by a Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor with a speed off 2.35GHz while an Adreno 530 GPU handles graphic operations. It comes in 4GB + 32GB and 6GB + 64GB RAM / ROM variants.
The smartphone sports a 13MP camera with LED flash at the rear and an 8MP camera at the front. It comes with a dual SIM slot and supports 4G LTE network bands with Voice over LTE (VoLTE) function. Its USB Type-C port gives it USB OTG support and allows you to share of its 3000mAh battery (with Quick Charge 3.0) juice.
The Lenovo ZUK Edge runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a yet-to-be-known version of Lenovo’s ZUI layered on top.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano SIM, Dual Standby).
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat with ZUI.
- Dimensions: 142.9 * 74.5 * 7.68mm.
- Weight: 160 g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD (401 PPI), Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: –
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black & White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 821.
- Processor Speed: 2.35 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 530.
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB / 64GB.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Heart rate Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP, Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: –
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB v2.0 Type-C Reversible Connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: TBA.
- Availability: TBA.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: –
- Offline: –
- Online: –
- Launch Price: TBA.
Lenovo ZUK Edge Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Lenovo ZUK Edge is expected to be launched in China in December this year, and then globally in the first quarter of 2017. The likelihood that it will be launched before the end of November is high, according to a recent Antutu benchmark listing. It’s expected to be launched in Black and White colours.