Do you love gadgets and technology? Do you follow leading tech blogs trying to keep up with major technological developments? Do you love writing and live Nigeria? If your answer is yes to all these questions, then we may have a job for you. We are looking for writers to work with on TechLector – Africa’s leading technology site.
Here is what we require:
- You must be living in Nigeria
- Must have deep knowledge of gadgets and technology. If you call Galaxy Tab 4 an iPad or Apple means only fruit to you, please don’t apply
- Previous writing experience, be it in a magazine, newspaper, blog or any other site dealing with gadgets or technology
- Ability to churn out interesting and intelligent articles about breaking or latest tech developments in minutes
- Ability to learn about new gadgets and new technology trends quickly
- Objectivity: This job is not for people who think that anything running Android is perfect. Fanboys & girls should keep off
- Ability to Work Alone. This job requires you to be working alone most of the time, probably from your home or wherever you feel comfortable. So ability to manage your time and delivering X hours of posting per day is crucial
- You must have a computer. A computer for the purpose of this job is any device with at least a 10-inch screen, physical QWERTY keyboard, and at least one full-size USB port
- Articles to be submitted must be original and be of high quality.
- In the case that an article was approved and published but was later discovered to be plagiarized. It would be removed immediately.
- Links from a social profile like Google Plus, Facebook and Twitter should be added to the author’s bio.
- Ensure grammatical flaws are reduced to the barest minimum; an article submitted for approval but with too much grammatical errors would be left unattended to.
- You must have a minimum of one high-quality image, if the image does not belong to you, it must be credited appropriately.
- Articles containing affiliate links would be rejected. Link selling, link stuffing is prohibited.
- Any link linking to your site and deemed not useful would be removed. Do not spam your article with links.
- Once your article is approved and published here, it automatically becomes the property of TechLector and may not appear anywhere else.
- The article must be a minimum of 350 words.
- We will contact you once we have published your article. Please bear in mind that this may take some time while it passes through our article quality system.
- Signup to Gravatar.com to upload your photo – having an image is an in your profile is Compulsory!(Personal photos is an added advantage.
This is a full-time position, so don’t apply if you do not have the time. Your job will initially involve spotting emerging local and international tech stories and writing coherent news articles about them. However, if you prove yourself as valuable, you may also start handling event coverage and reviews with additional earnings.
If you think this is you, send in an application with the subject, “Lagos Tech Blogger” or “Abuja Tech Blogger” or “Kaduna Tech Blogger,” depending on where you live to info[at]techlector.com. Include a short resume, relevant experience, schooling, and anything else you think will make you attractive to us.
No Attachments Please, your resume should be typed directly into the email. Applications with attachments will be disqualified. Please apply ASAP. First come, first serve. The Job is limited.