Still firing on all cylinders, Chinese next-gen phone-maker Xiaomi just announced the Xiaomi Redmi 3s which is actually a variant of the Redmi 3 released in January 2016.
Design, Display & Camera
This one has a 5-inch HD touchscreen display just as the Redmi 3. The design of the Redmi 3s also bears semblance with that of the Redmi 3, having a dimension of 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm, and weights around 144g. It has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design.
The nice looking device also has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Redmi 3.
Memory, Processor & Operating system
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s is however powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC as opposed to the Snapdragon 616 SocC found on the Redmi 3. The device also 2GB of RAM with 16GB storage or 3GB of RAM with 32GB storage variants in the memory aspect.
Battery & Connectivity
A 4,100 mAh battery still runs the show and you get the typical set of connectivity options, like 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS. The Xiaomi Redmi 3 also has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
Xiaomi Redmi 3s Price
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s comes in Dark grey, silver and gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106/Rs. 7120 in India) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 899 yuan (US$ 136/Rs. 9165 in India). Both the variants will go on sale starting in China from June 16th through mi.com.
No details about the global roll out yet but it is worth noting that whenever the device roles out on the international scene (in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya or elsewhere) the price will be slightly higher than the current price.
Where to Buy Xiaomi Redmi Phones & Pay On Delivery
Jumia Nigeria |from N13,995 Click to View Price Offers!
Jumia Kenya |from Ksh3,530 Click to View Price Offers!
Konga.com|from N14,395 Click to View Price Offers!