After publishing our latest blog post and expected the comments and shares to start rolling in. However, instead, we get… nothing. It seems that no one has even seen our beautiful article, let alone read it. ;(
Today I will share with you a simple strategy to drive more traffic to your blog, though None are hard to implement and all could have a significant effect on your traffic, links and shares. So let’s get started!
- Social Media: We all know that sharing on social media is crucial. However, you can do more: use hashtags, searches and those you follow to find interesting conversations, content and an excuse to jump right in.
- Website Design: Your website should be user-friendly, easy to navigate and clear to all. A visitor should not have to try hard to get from one post to another or do a quick search to find what they are looking for.
- Work on your SEO: Don’t be afraid of SEO, instead use it to your advantage. Keep up with keyword research, use backlinks and make sure, as always, that your content is original.
- Consistent Writing: Your readers want to come to your site to see and learn new things. Not posting something new in a while can create the image that you do not have proper upkeep for your site and that you are not serious.
- Build an email List: As soon as possible begin gathering emails from your readers. This way you can communicate with them via newsletter, promotions and more. This will give a gentle reminder to those readers who have not visited in a while.
- Be a Guest Blogger: Guest blogging is huge regarding sending traffic to your site. The post you write will reach a whole new crowd on someone else site, and with the help of a nicely written biography, they will likely check your site out as well.
- Use analytics: Get to know the traffic you already have to help you build future traffic. Google Analytics is a free and simple tool you can and should use to understand which sources help bring more traffic, and from where.
- Reference your posts: Your new traffic may have come across a post and not be aware of the rest of your website. Take the opportunity to link to other posts from your site where the shoe fits, allowing for more views of your work.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.