Sometimes, a little tweak in a video can make the end result either amazing or crappy. Before now, there wasn't really any features on iOS that allows users to edit videos like a pro. Also, editing videos without video editing apps was even more difficult. However, with the new iOS 13, the Photos app has taken a different curve all along. It now comes with a load of amazing features in terms of editing photos and videos.
Honestly, I think the Photos app is my favorite of all the other new features in iOS 13. This is because it now lets users apply the desired filter to a video on their iPhone and to turn a live photo into video as well. This couldn't be done in iOS. Yes, you could apply filters to photos but not videos.
Check out how to apply filters to videos in iOS 13 below!
How to Put a Filter on Your Video on iPhone and iPad Running iOS 13/iPadOS 13
- First off, go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next up, tap on Albums and then scroll down until you see the Videos option in the media types section.
- Tap on it. You could also just tap on Photos to explore the complete library although that will take more time.
- Now, you need to select the video you wish to apply a filter to.
- Next, tap on Edit at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, you should see the Filter icon, which looks like a Venn diagram. Tap on it.
The Photos app has nine filters and you can get a preview by tapping each one. Right below the applied filter is a horizontal dial. Simply adjust the dial to get the best output based on what you need.
Once you are okay with the shade of filter, tap on Done at the bottom right corner of the screen.
If you still aren't okay with the result of the edit, tap on Cancel at the bottom left corner. you can then follow steps 3 to 6 and try other filters.
That's it! That's all you need to apply a filter to a video just like a pro. You can edit the intensity of the filter, check out different filters, and see the one that works best with your vide, adjust the length of the video, and many more. These features are definitely the best new features in the Photos app in iOS 13.
Make sure to tell us which filters turned out to be your favorites in the comments below.