It was recently discovered that most people who operate Hotmail email accounts do not know how to add POP3 to their hotmail accounts. POP3 is a very amazing feature on Hotmail which enables users get all their email accounts in one place using Hotmail Mail and the best part about Hotmail email accounts is that gives you the access to check Hotmail to send and as well receive emails from any POP3 account.
Before you can do this, you need to first of all collect all the emails which you would like to add to your main Hotmail account which you can do by going through this advanced setup process. Next, all you need to do next is to follow the steps below to learn how to add your other emails to an Hotmail account.
How To Add Email Accounts to Hotmail
- First, you need to login to your Hotmail account.
- Go to your inbox.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your folders in the inbox and then click the ‘Add an e-mail account’ link.
- Type the account details of the Hotmail email accounts you will like to add.
- Hotmail will check the accounts you added for the account settings.
- Select where you want the accounts which you added should appear and added accounts would go. By the default settings of Hotmail, a new folder would be created with the email account’s name and the email account will be saved there. (You can move it any other folder of your choice including your Inbox).
- Click on the Save button.
- Next you will receive an email from Hotmail to confirm if you own the account which you added. You will be asked to follow a link in the mail.
- Click the link.
- Hotmail will then sync all the emails from the account you added to the account you added it to.
- Go to compose an email. You see that you can now choose from any of the emails you added by clicking on ‘From’.
For those that would like to use a Yahoo mail account, using this feature on Yahoo mail requires a paid subscription on Yahoo Mail Plus.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.