Apple’s smart speaker, HomePod features such a superb sound quality. However, that does not mean that the speaker can live up to your fantastic taste all the time. For example, sometimes, you may feel the bass is too much for your ears and as such, you want to fine tune it.
So, how can you adjust the audio levels on the smart speaker? Well, you need to take the help of your iPhone to accomplish this one. Let me show you how to do it!
How to Adjust Equalizer (audio levels) on your HomePod
How to Adjust the EQ of the HomePod when AirPlaying from an iPhone or iPad via Apple Music
The music app on your iPhone or iPad features many different presets to let you adjust the equalizer.
- First off, start playing audio on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, launch the Settings app on your device and then tap on “Music.”
- Next up, you need to select the preset. There are several options for you to pick from so explore them all and select the one that suits you best.
- Now, you need to AirPlay to your HomePod. The EQ preset will be saved to your iPhone and it will become the default equalizer settings whenever you AirPlay from the music app on your device to the Siri-based smart speaker.
That is all! If you wish to use a different preset later on, simply follow the steps above and then select the EQ option you wish. Always not that you will need to stop streaming music and then AirPlay again for the speaker to start using the new preset.
You can adjust EQ even while streaming music from third-party apps like Spotify. Read on to learn how.
How to Adjust HomePod EQ HomePod when AirPlaying from an iPhone or iPad via Spotify
- Open the Spotify app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, tap on your Library in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- After that, tap on Settings and then tap on Playback.
- Now, you need to tap on Equaliser and turn it on.
- Next, tap on the preset or customize by dragging the dots on the equalizer up or down to edit them.
- Finally, AirPlay music to your HomePod.
On Mac, the built-in equaliser gives you a more robust control over equalization. Continue reading to learn more.
How to Adjust the HomePod EQ when AirPlaying from a Mac via iTunes
- Launch iTunes on your Mac and then select Window in the app menu bar.
- Next up, click on Equalizer.
- Now, you need to click on the drop-down menu and then select the EQ you want.
- If what you want to do is reduce the heavy bass, you should go for either Bass Reducer or Treble Booster.
- If you want to adjust the equalizer manually, drag down the dB sliders up and down to increase or reduce them.
That is all!
So what do you think about the sound quality of the new Apple Siri-based smart speaker? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.