There are strong indications that we’ll be seeing new Android phones sporting the Nokia brand label sometime soon. The smartphones will be released strictly carrying the Nokia brand and they will come from Finnish company HMD global Oy, the new owner of the brand. HMD Global Oy purchased part of the feature phone business of Microsoft Mobile, which was founded afetr Mocrosoft purchased Nokia’s original business in 2014. HMD global had hinted that it will in future develop mobile devices under the Nokia brand.
Now, two mobile phones said to be the expected Nokia phones with different sizes have been spotted in a new leak. One of the Nokia devices features a 5.2-inch display while the other one packs an expansive 5.5-inch display both with a massive 2K display resolution. The Nokia phones are said to be equipped with a custom operating system named Z-Launcher System UI which is based on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat (Android N).
Both Nokia phones will come powered by Snapdragon 820 chipset and featuring an all metal body as well as fortified with IP68 level of Waterproof and dustproof protection which is very similar to that on the latest Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge flagships.
It has previously been speculated that the expected Nokia phone will rock a mammoth 22.6MP rear camera, perhaps for the bigger version and will carry a price tag in the region of $500 US dollars (3,000 yuan)
In Other News:
- Here are the likely specifications of the Nokia 9 slated for January 2018 launch
- Nokia 6 vs Nokia 5 vs Nokia 3: Is Nokia Really Back?
- Back From The Dead: Nokia Is Bringing The Legendary 3310 Back To Life In 2017
- Nokia 1 with Android GO and 2150mAh battery: Review, Full Specs and Price
- Is Nokia creating the best smartphone with 5 cameras?
- Cheap smartphone Nokia 2 officially sold: Price higher than expected