A new Android update makes its way to some smartphones. Friends could make you die of envy because the new update only comes for some selected devices. The latest firmware version comes via OTA notification and adds a whole new set of features that add up to a renewed graphics environment. Let’s find out more.
Android: an unpublished update arrives
While Android Q becomes more and more concrete for these phones with the new Beta release, it’s time to evaluate the new Android Pie version that has already been installed and tested by thousands of users on different smartphones. A stable, secure system with a whole new face. Many would like to try it but only a few will have the privilege of accessing it. After the new releases for Honor 9 and Honor 8 Pro, it’s time to find out if our terminal is also in the exclusive list of devices that update. Here is the complete list.
- Samsung: the whole Galaxy S8 series, S8 +, S9 and S9 +; already confirmed Galaxy Note 8 and Note 9; Galaxy A6 and A6 +, Galaxy A9 2018, Galaxy A7, Galaxy A8 and A8 +, as well as Galaxy J4, J6, and its Plus versions.
- OnePlus: all devices from Oneplus 3, including T. versions
- LG: V35 ThinQ end of March; V30 and 30S; V40; G6 2017; V20; Q8; Q9; X5.
- Honor: Honor 10 already confirmed, View 10 (and Lite) and Honor Play.
- Huawei: already on Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro, comes on P10 and P20 (in all possible versions), Mate 9 and Mate 20 (also in the Lite / Pro versions).
- Asus: ZenFone 5, 5 Lite and 5Z with attached ROG Phone.
- Motorola: there is no lack of models from Z2 onwards, with Motor X4, Moto G6 and E5 (all versions).
- Sony: XZ, XZ1, XZ2, and XZ3 already arrived, almost ready on XA2, XA2 Ultra, and XA2 Plus.
- Xiaomi: among the devices still waiting we have the Mi Mix series from 2S onwards; Mi 8, Mi 8 Lite and SE version; Mi Max 3; I 6X; Redmi Note; Redmi S2 and Redmi 6 Pro.
- Nokia: all models from the Nokia 3 to the Nokia 8 will have Pie by October 2019.