Asus Zenfone 3 Laser is one of the latest offerings from Taiwanese tech company Asus which was announced in June in Vietnam. The smartphone which is the successor to last year’s Zenfone 2 Laser has also hit the Indian market.
The all-metal body Zenfone 3 Laser comes with a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 providing extra protection on top. The display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080pixels and in its entirety, the Zenfone 3 Laser has a dimension of 149 x 76 x 7.9 mm, weighing in at 150g.
The expansive Asus Zenfone 3 Laser is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snadragon 430 processor with 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 128GB) ensuring the device fires up with speed. The processor is accompanied by an Adreno 505 GPU for the graphics.
The Zenfone 3 Laser boots Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) out-of-the-box, with Asus’ custom ZenUI on top. The smartphone also features a fingerprint sensor on the back which is reputed to unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds and powering the phone is a 3000mAh battery.
The Asus Zenfone 3 Laser on the camera end, sports a 13-megapixel back camera with Sony IMX214 sensor and 2nd gen laser auto focus that can lets you focus in 0.03 seconds as well as dual-tone LED flash. On the front cam, you get an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
In addition, the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser comes in Glacier Silver and Sand Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 18,999 in India, which is about N92,000 in Nigeria and $284 US Dollars. In India, the Zenfone 3 Laser will be available through Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal and leading retail stores and Asus Exclusive Stores across India starting from September.
Asus Zenfone 3 Laser (ZC551KL) specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX214 sensor, Laser AF, 3-axis EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 149 x 76 x 7.9 mm; Weight: 150g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3000mAh battery