The Asus Zenfone 3 series is a very large one, consisting of high-end smartphones like the standard Zenfone 3, Zenfone 3 Deluxe, Zenfone 3 Laser and many others, but the series has been made bigger as a new smartphone, the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom which was certified by TENAA and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group in China in December, has been launched at the CES 2017 event.
The Zenfone 3 Zoom is a high-end smartphone with some specs and a design language common to the Zenfone 3 series. The model number of the Zenfone 3 Zoom is ZE553KL, and it succeeds the Zenfone Zoom which was released last year.
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Specifications, Review and Highlights
The name of the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom suggests that it’s a camera-centric device, so I’m going to talk about the camera first. It comes with a dual camera setup consisting of two 12MP cameras at the rear.
The primary camera of the duo uses a Sony IMX362 sensor with a pixel size of 1.4μm, three-axis EIS, four-axis OIS and a f/1.7 aperture size. It also has different autofocus modes including PDAF, Laser AF and continuous AF and comes with Tritech+ technology which allows you to select any one of the three autofocus modes at any time.
The 12MP secondary rear camera has a f/2.0 aperture and uses 5P Largan lens. The cameras are accompanied by a dual-tone LED flash and are capable of capturing pictures in just 0.03 seconds. A 13MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture and a Sony IMX214 sensor handles selfie photography at the front.
The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom has a 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. A combination of a 2GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 processor running on the 14nm process and an Adreno 506 GPU on the chipset makes sure that the phone never hangs.
Also Check Out:
It comes in 3GB+32GB and 4GB+64GB RAM+ROM variants, packs a 5000mAh battery and like other devices in its series, it has a hybrid Dual (micro+nano/SD card) SIM slot and supports 4G with VoLTE. The Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom has a fingerprint sensor on its back and runs on ZenUI 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
As per the audio, the Zenfone 3 Zoom uses the Hi-Res Audio technology with a 192KHz/24-bit standard. It possesses dual internal microphones with DTS sound enhancement.
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- Global Bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- USA & Brazil Bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100.
- Indian Bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100.
- Taiwan Bands – HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 / 800.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- Global Bands – LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800).
- USA/Brazil Bands – LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 17(700), 28(700).
- India Bands – LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 40(2300).
- Taiwan Bands – LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 18(800), 19(800), 26(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- Network Speed:
- HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps.
- LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps (Global).
- LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps (Taiwan).
- SIM Type: Hybrid Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0.
- Dimensions: 154.3 * 77 * 7.99mm.
- Weight: 170g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1920 * 1080 pixels Full HD, AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen, 2.5D curved glass.
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Navy Black, Glacier Silver & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 14nm processor.
- Processor Speed: 2GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 506.
- RAM: 3GB/4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB.
- External Storage: up to 2TB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.03-second-fast Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13MP+13MP Dual Cameras with PDAF, Laser AF & Continuous AF.
- Camera Properties:
- 13MP Primary Rear Camera: Sony IMX362 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, three-axis EIS, four-axis OIS, f/1.7 aperture size, 25mm wide-angle lens & 56mm telephoto lens.
- 12MP Secondary Rear Camera: f/2.0 aperture & 5P Largan lens, 12x zoom and 2.3x optical zoom.
- Camera Optimisations: Tritech+ which allows you to select any autofocus mode. Portrait mode. RAW support & Manual shooting mode.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture & Sony IMX214 sensor.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard & Dual internal mic with DTS sound enhancement.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE & EDR.
- WiFi: Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS & BDS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0 reversible connector.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 5000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: January 5, 2017 (CES 2017).
- Availability: February 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms: TBA
- Launch Price: TBA.
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Zenfone 3 Zoom comes in Navy Black, Glacier Silver and Rose Gold colour versions and would be available from February. Then, we would know the price and details about where it will be sold.
- Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) with 4.5-inch Display & 8MP camera: Specs & Price in India
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X with 4GB RAM & Snapdragon processor launched: Specs & Price in India
- LG K10 (2017) with 13MP cameras & SOS Button launched in India: Full Specifications and Price
- Itel Snap S11 Specs & Price: Snap the best of you
- Gionee F5 with 4000mAh battery & 5.3-inch Display launched: Specs & Price
- ZTE Blade V8 Pro with 13MP Dual rear cameras launched at CES 2017: Specs & Price