Asus has launched a new smartphone, the Asus Zenfone 3s Max with the model number ZC521TL as a successor to the Zenfone 3 Max which was launched last year. The Zenfone 3s Max is a high-end smartphone which runs on the latest version of the Android operating system and packs a monstrous battery with an equally long battery life.
In aspects like the display size/technology and storage, things still remain the same, but in every other sector (including the smartphone design), the specifications of the standard Zenfone 3 Max have been altered to give a better smartphone.
Asus Zenfone 3s Max Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Asus Zenfone 3s Max has a 5.2-inch display which has a resolution of 1280 * 720 pixels (HD) and is covered with 2.5D curved glass. The phone has a 72% screen-to-body ratio, and it sports a fingerprint sensor embedded in its physical home button which lies below the display at the front.
On the storage front, the Asus Zenfone 3s Max has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 2TB with a microSD card. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek MT6750 processor with a speed of 1,5GHz, and its graphics operations are handled by a Mali T860 GPU.
The Zenfone 3s Max sports a 13MP PDAF camera with a dual-tone LED flash at the rear, and an 8MP camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens at the front. It has a hybrid dual micro+nano SIM slot and supports 4G Voice-over-LTE network connectivity.
The Asus Zenfone 3s Max packs a whopping 5000mAh Li-Po battery which can’t be removed in order to give the smartphone a metal unibody design. The phone retains the 3.5mm audio jack and features a 5-magnet speaker which gives its users an enhanced audio experience.
The Asus Zenfone 3s Max runs on the latest Android OS, Android 7.0 Nougat, just like the Zenfone 3 Max ran Android 6.0 Marshmallow which was the latest ANdroid version as at the time it was released.
Asus Zenfone 3s Max Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 900/1800 MHz.
- 3G: HSDPA 850/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE.
- Network Speed:
- HSPA – 42.2/5.76 Mbps.
- LTE – Cat4 150/50 Mbps.
- SIM Type: Hybrid Micro + Nano / microSD Slot.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: –
- Weight: 175g.
- Display size: 5.2 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750.
- Processor Speed: 1.5GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 2TB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Rear: 13MP with PDAF & f/2.0 aperture.
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual-tone.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8MP with 85-degree wide-angle lens & f/2.2 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: 5-magnet speaker.
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, EDR.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 5000mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-Po.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: February 7, 2017.
- Availability: February 7, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Flipkart, etc.
- Offline: Retail stores across India.
- Launch Price
- India: Rs. 14,999.
Availability and Price of Asus Zenfone 3s Max in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Asus Zenfone 3s Max costs Rs. 14,999 in India and is already available for sale on both online and offline retail stores across the country. The smartphone is available in Gold and Black colour versions.