4G LTE has become a necessity on smartphones today, and it's not surprising to see almost every smartphone released recently (save for the very budget ones) coming with 4G LTE network connectivity support. Asus launched the Zenfone Go 4.5 with just 3G network connectivity around this time last year, and it has now refreshed the series with its 4G LTE variant, the Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL).
The Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE has a few specs in common with its predecessor, and it comes with better cameras, a faster and more efficient processor, a bigger battery, wider storage expansion, a more recent software, and of course a greater price tag.
Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) comes with the same 4.5-inch display with a FWVGA (854 * 480) resolution, meaning it's intended for people with small palms or for people who are not comfortable with large screens. It weighs just 135 grammes and is 11.2 millimetres thick.
The Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE uses a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor in place of the MediaTek processor in use in its predecessor. Graphics operations on the smartphone are tackled by an Adreno 306 GPU, and it has 1G of LPDRR3 RAM for moderately fast operations. It also has 8GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB with a microSD card.
The Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) comes with a dual SIM slot and packs a 2070mAh removable battery. It sports an 8MP camera with LED flash at the rear, and a 2MP camera for selfies at the front. The phone still retains the 3.5mm audio jack and supports FM Radio.
The Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI on top.
Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: HSPA+.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 66.7 * 136.5 * 3.6~11.2 mm.
- Weight: 135g.
- Display size: 4.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 854 * 480 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Glacier Grey, Glamor Red, Silver Blue & Sheer Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916).
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 306.
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR3.
- Internal Storage: 8GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity sensor.
- Rear: 8MP.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Front-facing: 2MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: -
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2070mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? Yes.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow's Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: -
- Launch Date: December 27, 2016.
- Availability: December 27, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Amazon India
- Offline: Retail stores in India.
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦45,000.
- Kenya: KSh 10,544.
- Ghana: GH₵ 444.
- India: Rs. 6999.
- China: ¥715.35.
- USA: $103
- UK: £84.
- Europe: €99.
Availability and Price of Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Asus Zenfone Go 4.5 LTE (ZB450KL) comes in a variety of colours including Glacier Grey, Glamor Red, Silver Blue and Sheer Gold. It is available for sale on online stores in India like Amazon, and you would be able to buy it in offline retail stores in the country by the end of December.