We will be looking at the steps to take in order to create and verify free PayPal account in Nigeria. This process is generally easy, and you can do so with any internet enabled device like a smartphone, tablet or PC.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an online payment method that uses an email address to send and receive money instead of the usual credit or debit card details. Although, some countries are required to link their debit or credit card to their PayPal account in order to transact. While other countries are allowed to upload funds to their PayPal account using their cards.
Nigerian was initially been unable to use the PayPal service until it was open for the Nigerian people sometime in 2014. Although, there were some restrictions put in place. Restrictions like being unable to receive funds in Nigeria or unable to upload funds to PayPal.
Nevertheless, you can still make purchases online using your PayPal account if you are in Nigerian which is restricted from uploading funds. You can simply link your credit or debit card to your PayPal account and have the merchant deduct the money straight from your card, through PayPal. Of course, there will be transactions fees from PayPal.
With PayPal, you can successfully pay for goods and services online. Best part? The seller won't see or have access to your credit or debit card details while transacting. All they need is just the email address you used in creating the PayPal account.
Many sites recognize and accept PayPal as a means of payment. These sites include Amazon, Aliexpress, Gearbest and a whole lot more. Let us get right down to how you can create and verify a free PayPal account in Nigeria so you can Start shopping immediately.
Basics To Create and Verify Free PayPal Account in Nigeria
● Goto The PayPal Website.
● Click On Menu at the top Left corner of the screen and click on Sign Up at the bottom left corner. (On Mobile)
● Alternatively, you can Select the Sign Up For Free option at the front of the screen.
● Fill in The Basics like Name, Email (this Email will be used in sending and receiving funds), Password, etc. And Click on Next.
● You will get an email notification to verify your PayPal account, Open the link with a browser and input your Password.
That's it. You've successfully created and verified your PayPal account. All you have to do now is link your credit or debit to your PayPal account and start paying for goods and services online. To link your account follow the short steps below
● Log In to your PayPal Account. Click the Menu button at the Top Left corner and Select Wallet.
● Fill in the card details and Save. (Make sure the address is the same as the one attached to your card)
You can now pay for good and services from Nigeria.
Minus the restrictions placed on Nigerians by PayPal. PayPal is a very nice payment platform and safeguards your card details while paying for goods and services online. The only thing the needed and give for money transfer is just the Email attached to PayPal account, and that's it.
Hopefully, maybe in the nearest future, they get to allow Nigerians receive money through PayPal and also upload funds to their PayPal account.