“All screen” is one of the biggest smartphone trends of this year. Edge-to-edge displays are striking, and it’s advantageous to have smaller devices with larger screens. But the truth is, thin bezels don’t help much in making your phone more durable, actually they often make it more fragile. Seem like this won’t be a problem for the bezel-less BLUBOO S1. It’s allegedly said that the BLUBOO S1 would feature Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
To refresh, as the latest generation of display glass tech by Corning, the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 could withstand face-down drops of up to 1.6 meters high in up to 80% of occurrences. That’s up to 1.8 times better in anti-drop performance than the previous Gorilla Glass 4. In addition, the Gorilla Glass 5 also provides superior scratch resistance which is two times of the Gorilla Glass 4’s. If the BLUBOO S1 would indeed sport the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, the bezel-free display on the S1 would be tough and durable enough for everyday use, not easy to be broken or damaged.
As for the BLUBOO S1, previously we’ve known that the device is powered by Helio P25 chipset, with up to 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage expandable up to 256GB. It also has dual cameras on the rear(16.0MP + 3.0MP combo), and a fingerprint scanner/ home button on the front. The BLUBOO S1 is supposed to hit the market in June for around $150, which offers a great budget option for those who look for bezel-less phones.
Other Hot News:
- Leak shows that facial recognition may be coming to Oneplus 5
- The Apple iPhone SE 2 will be imagined in the first half of 2018
- Samsung should introduce Galaxy S9 line during CES 2018
- Xiaomi Mi 7: design, data sheet and price appear in leak
- The Honor V10, with small frames, is coming to Europe
- Coming soon, Ulefone Power 3 would bring Android 8.1 and 6100 mAh battery