Some months ago, rumours of a Blackberry smartphone with the code name Mercury surfaced along with that of two other smartphones from the same manufacturer, Blackberry Argon & Neon. The Neon and Argon have been released as the Blackberry DTEK50 & DTEK60 respectively, so it is only pertinent that information either in form of leaks or official releases begins to filter out concerning the Blackberry Mercury.
According to the info on ground, the Blackberry Mercury would have a physical keyboard under a 4.5-inch screen, and this has been confirmed by recent image leaks from China.
Blackberry Mercury Expected Specifications
The Blackberry Mercury has a 4.5-inch display with a Full HD (1920 * 1080) pixel resolution. In the leaked images, only the screen of the smartphone seemed to have a dimension of 4.5 inches, so the 3:2 screen-to-body ratio seems to apply to the entirety of the smartphone. It also has a physical QWERTY keyboard.
A Snapdragon 625 processor with eight cores and a speed of 2GHz works in tandem with an Adreno 506 GPU to ensure that the smartphone runs smoothly at all times. It has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded via a microSD slot.
Blackberry smartphones are known for their quality cameras and the Blackberry Mercury doesn’t disappoint either, with an 18MP camera with LED flash at the rear and an 8MP camera at the front.
The Blackberry Mercury supports 4G VoLTE, packs a 3400mAh battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Blackberry Mercury Rumoured Specs
- 4.5-inch Full HD (1920 * 1080 pixels) display, 3:2 screen-to-body ratio, Physical QWERTY keyboard.
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor
- Adreno 506 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32GB internal storage, expandable with microSD card.
- 18MP Rear Camera with LED Flash.
- 8MP Front Camera.
- 4G LTE network connectivity.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 & GPS.
- 3400mAh battery.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
The Blackberry Mercury is expected to be announced in the first quarter of next year, 2017. Then, we would know the final name of the device, though there is a high probability of it being named Blackberry DTEK70 since the last two Blackberry smartphones are named DTEK50 and DTEK60. The device in the leaked images looks like it is coated in Gold colour.
Other Hot News:
- Closest Look At Blackberry Venice: Android Smartphone With Physical Keyboard
- Nokia 6 (2018) with 18: 9 screen overflow appears on TENAA
- Xiaomi Mi 7 will have more Plus variants and can be released simultaneously
- Photo leaked suggests that Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 will bring change in the ‘Apple standard’
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) Instructions & Renderings leaked on the web
- Huawei P11 has three rear cameras for 40 megapixel resolution