The rate at which spammers and telemarketers are increasing these days is high, and they most of these spammers and telemarketers call different people on their phones for advertisement purpose without users subscribing to them. However, this may not be comfortable with everyone especially busy business minded individuals. So blocking such unknown numbers is quite a good idea.
If you use a Sony Xperia smartphone, you might have tried blocking certain calls, or you may just want to know how to block calls either from unknown callers or from a particular phone number.
On your Sony Xperia XZ, it is not referred to as blocking but rejection rather, and so, in this post, we are going to use both “block” and “reject” to refer to block. Below, we will explain how you can block calls from unknown callers and individual numbers on Xperia phones.
How To Block Calls From All Unknown Callers
One main issue we know is that the Sony Xperia XZ gets calls from several unknown numbers and the best method that we can use to block calls from unknown callers is by using Auto reject list. You can stop receiving sales calls or block a particular number from calling you. So, how is this done? Kindly follow below steps.
- Turn on the Sony Xperia XZ.
- Go to phone Settings
- Go to Auto Reject List
- Click on the option “Block calls from unknown callers.”
- Switch the toggle ON
That is all, calls from unknown callers or callers who hide their identity will no longer be received on your Sony Xperia phone.
How To Block Calls From Individual Caller
To block calls from an individual phone number or contact on the Sony Xperia phone, you will need to use the Xperia phone application used for making calls.
Also Check Out:
- Go to the Phone app
- Go to call log.
- Select the phone number or contact which you want to block.
- Tap on more at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Add to auto reject list.”
So, calls from any number or contact which you have added to the auto reject list will be automatically blocked.
How To Remove Numbers From the Auto Rejection List
- On the phone’s home screen, tap on ‘more’ located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on ‘Call ‘
- Tap on ‘auto reject list.’ On the page that appears, all phone numbers which you have added to the auto reject list will be listed.
- To remove a phone number from the list, simply tap on the number and then click ‘remove’
Have you been receiving sales calls or want to block a particular number? How was the experience so far? Do let us know in the comment section below.
- How to View App Store Subscriptions Status on iPhone, iPad, and iTunes
- Different Ways To Mirror/Connect Google Pixel C Screen to TV
- How to Transfer Funds from Apple Pay Cash to your Bank Account
- How to Reopen Recently Closed Tabs in Safari on iPhone/iPad Running iOS 11
- How To Fix Apple Pay Cash Account Locked or Restricted
- How to Sync Apple TV Home Screen With All Apple TVs