Some weeks ago, I wanted to download an app on my iPhone. But when it tapped the Get button, a popup appeared on my screen saying something like, “This app is available only in the US App Store. Hence, you can’t download it.” Then, I had an idea. I thought of changing the country but still failed to do so, even after trying different tricks. And just when I was about to stop trying, I discovered this trick which eventually came to my aid. If you are having issues changing your App Store country or region on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11 and looking for a way to get past the hurdle, you would really love this tutorial.
However, before we proceed to the guide, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Read on to learn more.
Cannot Change App Store Country Region on iPhone or iPad
Here are the Reasons Why You Can’t Change App Store Country or Region on iPhone and iPad
There are different reasons why you can’t change your country or region.
- If you are still the member of any Family Sharing group.
- If your memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes are still in limbo.
- If you haven’t yet cancelled your Apple Music subscriptions.
- If you have store-crediting remaining on your Apple ID.
- If you haven’t yet cancelled your any other active subscriptions.
You need to follow the below-mentioned things before you proceed with the process.
- Make sure that you have cancelled all the subscriptions including Apple Music.
- Make sure that you do not have any store credit left on your Apple ID.
- If you have any pending store credits refunds to process, you should wait for them to be processed.
- You need to update the payment method to be able to purchase in other countries.
- You will need to leave the Family Sharing group if you are part of it.
- Apple also recommends that you back up your iOS device to iTunes, You might also need to downgrade your iCloud storage temporarily.
- Make sure that all the memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes have been completed.
When you are done checking all the above things you should be able to change App Store country or region. You can also do this with your existing Apple ID and the new one.
If you do not want to cancel Apple Music subscription or leave Family sharing, you can just download an app that is not available in your country. There is a workaround.
All you have to do is create a new Apple ID and add the billing address. Also, you need to add the phone number (any random one that matches with a standard one).
How to Change Country Region on iPhone or iPad Without Leaving Family Sharing or Cancelling Apple Music Subscription
Step #1. First off, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on your name.
Step #2. Next, you need to tap on Sign Out and Confirm.
Step #3. Now, tap on Sign In.
Step #4. Next, tap on Create Apple ID and then follow the instructions that appear on the screen to create a new ID.
Step #5. After you have created the new Apple ID, go to the Settings app and tap on your name.
Step #6. Tap on iTunes & App Store and then tap on your Apple ID.
Step #7. Tap on View Apple ID and then tap on Country/Region.
Step #8. Tap on Change Country or Region.
Step #9. Now, select the country. In this guide, I used the United States.
Step #10. Next, agree to terms and conditions.
Step #11. Now, this is a very important step. Under Payment Method, tap on None and then type in your name under Billing Name. Next, you need to enter your billing address, enter any street name and enter the name of any city in the United States.
Make sure that you enter the state it belongs to and the correct zip code of the city.
Next, type in a typical phone number of the country. Here, I used 989 555-1456. When you are done, tap on Next.
That is pretty much it!
You have successfully change your App Store country or region. You can now go ahead and download the apps.