This might come as old news to some Android device users – especially Samsung and LG owners, as well as a few others – who have been doing this for a long time now. However, for those of us who are not in this category and would like to get a new font look on our Android devices, this is for you.
We already know that we can customize our Android device to our taste by making use of apps available on the Play Store. This tutorial centers on how you can change the font on your Android device without the need to root the device.
How to Change Font on Android devices (without rooting)
In this guide, we shall be using the Go Launcher Ex app. This is one of the best Android Launchers available and is popular among Android users. With the Go Launcher Ex app, you can tweak how your UI looks, but today we shall be using it for something much more.
To change your Android device font without rooting the device, follow the steps given below:
- Step 1: Firstly, you need to download and install the Go Launcher Ex app from the Play Store if you don’t have it already. Then download the GO Launcher fonts from the Play Store.
- Step 2: Search for your desired font in GO Launcher fonts and download it.
- Step 2: Open the app and tap on the “Menu” button at the right end of the app. Tap on “Preferences” and then tap on “Font” in the list.
- Step 3: Next, a list of pre-installed fonts is shown for you to select one. To see the downloaded fonts, tap on the “Scan font” option.
- To add fonts manually, you can download the fonts and move them to the path /sdcard/GOLauncher Ex/fonts.
- Step 4: The next step is to select your desired font. When done, reboot your device and enjoy the new font.
That’d be all. You can also achieve the same result by using other launcher apps that support changing of fonts.
For your questions and suggestions, leave them in the comments box. Also don’t forget to share this tutorial by using any of the share buttons below.