LeEco was reported to have acquired controlling stakes at fellow Chinese phonemaker CoolPad, making the internet giant a major shareholder of CoolPad. The two companies were said to be working on a new smartphone together. The new device the two Chinese companies were collaborating on had earlier been leaked in a live image.
Now the LeEco/Coolpad co-developed device has been spotted on Chinese regulatory agency TENAA’s website where it is listed as C106 and that means we will be seeing and feeling the device soon.
The device was sighted today and apart from some of the specifications listed, the image renders of the device, both front and back as well as the sides were displayed.
The C106 before now is rumored to feature a 5.5-inch display with a whooping 2k display. The device is said to be powered by a Snapdragon 820 processor, the latest from Qualcomm. The smartphone also has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of on-board storage space which can be expanded up to 128GB.
On the camera specs, the C106 has a 13 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and up front there’s a 5-megapixel sensor. The rear view of the phone shows the device has a dual camera setup and also a fingerprint sensor. The smartphone is also said to cram a monster 4200mAh battery under its hood. The price is not yet known but the specs show that the device is likely a flagship device with top-end price tag expected.
- Letv’s LeEco Le Pro 3 Smartphone Review, Specs and Where To Buy
- Smart luggage firms shut down due to airline battery rules
- LG is about to unveil a new Hybrid Wear OS smartwatch, with an app menu never seen before (photo)
- The real Bitcoin heist: suspect escaped from prison
- Lenovo Mirage Solo Goggles Finally Went On Sale
- Tor Project will transfer to Azure to continue offering domain fronting