The Coolpad Note 3S was launched alongside the Mega 3 at the end of last month, and while the highlight of the latter is its Triple SIM slots, the best feature(s) of the Coolpad Note 3S could be said to be its chipset.
The Coolpad Note 3S which succeeds the Coolpad Note 3 is a mid-range Android smartphone, and despite the fact that it has ‘Note’ in its name, it has a 5.5-inch screen which is commonplace for modern Android smartphones.
Coolpad Note 3S Specifications, Review and Highlights
The display of the Coolpad Note 3S has an HD (1280 * 720) resolution, is made with IPS display panels and is covered with 2.5D curved glass. It is made of metal and has a design similar to its predecessor, the Note 3. The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
The Coolpad Note 3S is powered by a 2500mAh battery and runs on a 1.36GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 415 processor (64-bit) in conjunction with an Adreno 405 GPU. It has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory which can be expanded further by 32GB with a microSD card.
The Note 3S comes with a Dual SIM support which includes support for 4G VoLTE. It sports a 13MP camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash at the rear, and a 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture at the front.
The Coolpad Note 3S has support for USB OTG and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with CoolUI 8.0 layered on top.
Coolpad Note 3S Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ 850/900/1900/2100 MHz.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with CoolUI 8.0.
- Dimensions: 154.5 * 77 * 8.6.
- Weight: 167g.
- Display: 5.5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD, IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal aluminium design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold & White.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 415.
- Processor Speed: 1.36GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 405.
- RAM: 3GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes.
- Front-facing: 5MP with f/2.2 aperture.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: –
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS.
- USB: micro USB.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 2500 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 30, 2016.
- Availability: December 7, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Amazon India [Exclusive]
- Offline: –
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: N62,500.
- Kenya: KES 15,135.
- Ghana: GHS 626.
- India: Rs. 9999.
- China: 1022 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $148.
- UK: 118 British Pounds.
- Europe: 140 Euro.
Coolpad Note 3S Availability and Price Details in India, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Coolpad Note 3S comes in White and Gold colours and is already available exclusively from Amazon India for Rs. 9,999 in India.