Corning has released the Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is the fifth generation of its highly popular toughened glass display protective cover. The Gorilla Glass 5 is further enhanced to withstand more severe drops than the fourth generation. Also Corning took into consideration several factors before designing its Fifth generation glass cover in such a way to prevent fragmentation on falling down.
The fifth generation of the Corning Gorilla Glass is said to be able to withstand a drop height of 1.6 meters high on the average. When compared to previous generations, the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 stands out in that the Gorilla Glass 4 is only able to withstand a drop height of 1 meter.
Also, the thickness of the Gorilla Glass 5 was upped from o.4mm on the Glass 4 to 0.6mm. In addition to that, the ability to resist scratch on the screen is further strengthened.
The Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is expected to enter production towards the end of the year and will feature on smart phones from 2017.
For those who don’t know, Gorilla Glass is a brand of specialized toughened glass developed and manufactured by Corning and designed to be thin, light and damage-resistant. This type of glass is not unique to Corning; similar glasses include Asahi Glass Co., Dragontrail and Schott AG Xensation
In Other News:
- Samsung Galaxy S9 with 12MP (f/1.5) Camera: Review, Full Specs and Price
- LG’s Latest Flagship LG V10 Becomes The First Smartphone To Feature Dual Display
- BBNaija 2018 Double Wahala final Live Update: See Winner
- Avengers: Infinity War has another trailer released, and Black Panther beats Titanic in the USA
- OnePlus 6 goes through Geekbench and achieves an excellent score
- How to Control Fortnite Battle Royale on iPhone and iPad