Corning has released the Corning Gorilla Glass 5, which is the fifth generation of its highly popular toughened glass display protective cover. The Gorilla Glass 5 is further enhanced to withstand more severe drops than the fourth generation. Also Corning took into consideration several factors before designing its Fifth generation glass cover in such a way to prevent fragmentation on falling down.
The fifth generation of the Corning Gorilla Glass is said to be able to withstand a drop height of 1.6 meters high on the average. When compared to previous generations, the Corning Gorilla Glass 5 stands out in that the Gorilla Glass 4 is only able to withstand a drop height of 1 meter.
Also, the thickness of the Gorilla Glass 5 was upped from o.4mm on the Glass 4 to 0.6mm. In addition to that, the ability to resist scratch on the screen is further strengthened.
Also Check Out:
The Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is expected to enter production towards the end of the year and will feature on smart phones from 2017.
For those who don’t know, Gorilla Glass is a brand of specialized toughened glass developed and manufactured by Corning and designed to be thin, light and damage-resistant. This type of glass is not unique to Corning; similar glasses include Asahi Glass Co., Dragontrail and Schott AG Xensation
- LG’s Latest Flagship LG V10 Becomes The First Smartphone To Feature Dual Display
- HBO GO is already available for Apple TV
- Samsung Wireless Charging Stand can simultaneously charge two devices
- IOS 11: Smarter, better, faster, bolder OS is Here – WHAT TO KNOW!
- HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2 – Upgraded Convertible for Businesses
- ASUS ROG Strix XG27VQ – curved novelty ideal for multiplayer