Have you gotten tired of buying different data plans for your various devices? Ever wondered how you could share your single data plan from your Huawei P9 to your other devices? Alternatively, you are tired of others using your mobile hotspot anytime you turn it on? Well good, you are here because today we are going to be talking about how to share your internet hotspot from your Huawei P9 and also how to secure and customise it your preferences.
The Huawei P9 is also one of the smartphones which enable you to open a hotspot. Creating a hotspot is quite a cool feature and is quite helpful when you have other devices you wish to connect to the internet, and you currently have a data plan on your Huawei P9. The battery capacity of the Huawei P9 is perfect for using a hotspot as the battery comes with quite a large capacity of 3000 mAh and with this the Huawei P9 can last hours while the hotspot is turned on.
Before you create the hotspot on the Huawei P9, the hotspot needs to be setup on the Huawei P9. Setting up the mobile hotspot on Huawei P9 is quite easy and does not take much time at all. So let us get started.
How To Set Up A Mobile Hotspot On Huawei P9:
- Turn on your Huawei P9.
- Go over to the settings app on the phone menu.
- Scroll down to Tethering and WiFi Hotspot and then click on it
- Next, click on Mobile Hotspot.
- Tick the box next to On/Off Toggle to turn it on. A pop-up screen will appear if your WiFi is currently turned on warning you that your WiFi will be turned off.
- Click on Ok on the pop-up screen.
- You will see a list of steps at the bottom of the screen giving you directions on how to connect whichever device you want to connect to your Huawei P9. Simply follow the steps, and that is all. You are ready to go.
How to set up your password and security preference for your mobile hotspot on Huawei P9
Fixing a password is quite important when turning on your hotspot, and by default, Huawei P9 comes with a password with the security type set to WPA2.
- Go over to settings on the Huawei P9 phone menu.
- Scroll down to Tethering and Wi-Fi Hotspot and then click on it.
- Click on Mobile Hotspot.
- Click on the three dotted sign on the top corner of the screen.
- Click on configure. On the page that opens, you will see different fields which can be customised including the Wi-Fi hotspot name.
- Customise everything to your preference and click save