People have different reasons for wanting to delete their Twitter accounts.
Social media platforms like Facebook allow you to get connected with people in your contacts list so it takes user privacy seriously. Twitter, however, allows everyone to connect with anyone on the platform and this is why users find it really hard to not use the app when they register an account.
Using social media comes with its good and bad sides, so if you are so fed up of its terrible side and you wish to delete your Twitter account, below is how to go about it:
All You Should Know About Deleting Your Account Permanently
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Download Videos From Twitter On iPhone And iPad?
If you have made up your mind to get rid of your Twitter account permanently, there are a few instructions to adhere to.
Firstly, Twitter does not allow you to delete your account temporarily, therefore it has to be done permanently.
Twitter will give you a grace timeframe to reactivate your account when you get rid of it for any reason.
If you want to re-enable your Twitter account after deleting, it can only happen when you get yourself logged into your account within one month of deleting it.
When the grace timeframe has elapsed, your Twitter account is totally gone and it can never be recovered.
How Can I Delete My Twitter Account?
- Head to Twitter and get yourself logged into your account. Permanent deletion cannot be done on Twitter’s app. It can only be done by heading to the website or on a web browser.
- Tap on your profile. Tap "Settings."
- Tap "Settings and Privacy." Here, tap "Deactivate my account."
- You need to tap on "Deactivate @username." Then you will have to re-type your Twitter password. This step is there for Twitter to confirm that you are really the person attempting to delete your account.
- You have to hold on for a month to confirm that your Twitter account is totally gone.
You Might Also Want To Read: How To Know If Anyone Muted You On Twitter?