Whenever I want to send a message to friends, family and loved one, Whatsapp is what I always use. Whatsapp, of course, consumes the most space on my iPhone thanks to all those funny skits and other videos shared on the network. However, to make sure the space consumed by the app on my iPhone doesn’t go overboard, I make sure to clean up the app once in a while. Fortunately, doing this on an iPhone isn’t very complicated, and you are given full control over what you want to delete and keep.
So do you wish to clean up Whatsapp on your iPhone? Then I would suggest you back up your chat history first. However, if you do not wish to keep it, no need. When you clear any chat on Whatsapp, all the sent and received messages and media will all be deleted. Now that you have that in mind let’s proceed.
How to Clear WhatsApp Chat History on iPhone
How to Delete Entire WhatsApp Message History on iPhone
Due to certain reasons, maybe personal, you might want to clear the entire Whatsapp message history from your iPhone. Good, for you, you can do that quickly. However, before we proceed, you need to know the following.
By doing this, your entire chat history on Whatsapp in both individual and group chats will be cleared.
All Whatsapp users associated with the chats deleted on your phone will also be deleted.
The names of the group chats will not be deleted. Once you are done and you log in to Whatsapp, you will see the groups in the Chats section of Whatsapp. If you wish to delete the groups, you will need to repeat the names of the groups, you will need to follow the steps below all over again.
With that, all set, let us now move on to how to delete entire WhatsApp message history on your iPhone.
- First off, open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on “Settings”.
- Now, tap on the “Chats” option.
- Type in your Whatsapp phone number and when you are done, tap on “Delete all” Chats.
So that is it! All your chats will now be deleted on your iPhone. Just as I said earlier, you will notice that the group names are still there. If you wish to delete them too, repeat the steps above all over again.
How to Clear All WhatsApp Chat history At Once on iPhone
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on Settings and then tap on “Chats”.
- Now, tap on “Clear All Chats.”
- Next, enter your Whatsapp phone number.
- When you are done, tap on “Clear all Chats.
Now all your Whatsapp chat history will be cleared from your iPhone.
How to Delete Individual Message In WhatsApp
If you wish to delete an individual chat history from your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- First, open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Next, go to the Chats tab. You can go to the Chats tab by tapping on it at the bottom.
- Now, tap on the individual chat you wish to delete.
- Next, tap any message within the chat that you wish to delete and hold it.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen. There, tap on Delete. If you wish to delete multiple messages instead, you can tap on the tiny circle beside the message to select them before you then tap on Delete.
- Finally, tap on the recycle bin icon and then tap on “Delete message(s).
How to Delete Individual/Group Chat History In WhatsApp
If you want to delete an individual message from Whatsapp, you can remove it quickly by following the steps below.
- Open Whatsapp on your iPhone.
- Next, go to the conversation whose chats you wish to delete.
- Tap on the name of the individual contact or group.
- Scroll down the page and tap on “Clear Chat.”
- Two options will be displayed on your screen.
- Delete all except starred
- Delete all messages.
You can pick anyone you want.
So that is all. You are all done. If you got stuck, please leave a comment, and we will be there to help you.