The recent complaints of Diamond bank customers of been charged excessive amount of money for stamp duty has caught the attention of the bank which made them to quickly apologized and act in order not to lose their customers.
Apologies sir,stamp duty charge is a CBN directive that must be adhered to by every bank in order to avoid penalties https://t.co/0DKz4U2XwK
— Diamond Bank (@DiamondBankNG) February 24, 2016
We are happy to receive messages from some friends confirming the reversal of their stamp duty charges while some are yet to receive theirs.
But my questions are:
Since the bank (Diamond) claims that the stamp duty charge is a CBN directive that must be adhered to by every bank in order to avoid penalties, why are they now reversing it? Are they trying to test Nigerians intelligence? Why are other banks not doing the same?
In Other News:
- Check Out Diamond Yello Account, The Easiest Bank Account Ever
- Recession: CBN Governor Proposes Tax Charge on Phone Calls
- All Banks USSD Codes For Recharging Your Mobile Airtime In Nigeria
- List Of Dollar/Euro Cards In Nigeria That You Can Use Online
- Grab Exciting Giveaways From Diamond This Festive Season
- Samsung Pay now supports paying through Paypal