Feral Interactive has announced that the DiRT: Rally, one of the best rally simulators, will arrive on MacOS today, November 16th.
The game was developed and released by Codemasters for Windows and game consoles. DiRT: The rally can boast the title of one of the most authentic rally games ever released.
With very sophisticated controls and risky but award-winning gameplay, the game will teach you to master three different disciplines where the well-liked players will play. They are Rally, Rallycross and Hillclimb. You will try (though only virtual) what it is to fly an uneven terrain of 240 km/ha while keeping the car on the road and the best in the right direction of the track. Find out what the real rally riders are experiencing while driving in the car. Of course, a co-driver is also a matter of course, whose job is actually to provide you with information on the upcoming directions of the track.
The Mac game port has so far only been in the development phase (for the first time we heard about the possible porting of the Mac game in March 2016 – it was just hearing information). However, with the arrival of MacOS High Sierra, it seems that porting has succeeded, like the DiRT: Rally will support Metal 2, the latest graphics API from Apple.
To run the DiRT: Rally on your Mac, you must meet the following parameters:
- Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core i3 processor
- Operating system: macOS 10.13
- Memory 8GB RAM
- Graphics card: 1GB Nvidia 650 / 2GB AMD Radeon M290 / Intel HD 4000 or better
The game is supported on the following Mac computers:
- All 13 “MacBook Pro released since mid-2012
- All 15 “MacBook Pro released from mid-2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All Mac Mini released since late 2012
- All 21.5″ iMacs released since 2013
- All 27″ iMacs released from late 2012 with a 1GB graphics card or better
- All Mac Pro released from Mid 2010 with AMD 7950 (Mac Edition)
MacBook Pro with Touch Bar (2016 and above) should be able to play the game, but in basic configurations, it is not possible to exploit the gaming experience to the maximum in terms of performance, graphic details and stability.