Some people do not like the vibration feature on their iPhone whenever they receive new emails. You do not like this feature too? Well, me too. This is the reason disabling this feature from every new iPhone I set up is among the first things I do. In this guide, we are going to be looking at how you can stop your iPhone from vibrating when you receive new emails.
There are two ways you can use to disable this feature on your iPhone. If you have multiple email accounts on your iPhone, then you can choose to disable vibrations on each account one by one or you can also choose to disable the feature for all your email accounts at once. If you only have one email account on your iPhone, any of the methods will work just fine.
How to disable new email vibrations for all email accounts
So, if you want to stop your iPhone from vibrating each time you receive a new mail on any of your email accounts, follow the steps below.
- First of all, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the “Sound and Haptics” option.
- On the page that comes up, scroll down till you see”New Mail.” It is at the bottom of the page.
- Now, scroll to the top and tap on “Vibration.”
- Finally, scroll to the bottom and select “None.”
When you have done that, the settings will be applied to all your email accounts. So now, your iPhone will stop vibrating when you receive a new mail on any of your email accounts no matter how many email accounts you have.
How to turn off new email vibrations on a per-account basis
To stop your iPhone from vibrating each time you receive a new mail on specific email accounts on your iPhone, follow the steps below. For example, with this method, you can choose to get vibrations for your work emails, but no vibrations for your private emails.
- First off, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the Notifications tab.
- Tap on the Mail tab next. A list of all the email accounts available on your iPhone will appear on your screen.
- Go to the account you wish to disable the vibration feature for and tap on it.
- Tap on the “Sounds” option at the top.
- Now, scroll all the way to the top and tap on the Vibration tab.
- Scroll down to the bottom and then tap on “None.”
If you also wish to apply this feature on more email accounts, simply repeat the process on them too. However, if you wish to cancel the feature from all your email accounts, then you should use the first method above.
Any questions? please leave a comment. Thank you!