The Doogee T5 has been launched and is now available on presale on online retail store Aliexpress. It is a powerful business smartphone that is designed to withstand extreme conditions and is best suited for those in the working sector who desire to use a classy smartphone that can do what most modern smartphones can.
Doogee T5 Specifications
Display, Design and Form Factor
The Doogee T5 sports a 5-inch HD capacitive touchscreen with 720p resolution, which is enough to offer good colors from reasonable viewing angles. It possesses a bar form factor, with the back designed to fit snugly into your palms.
It possesses a thickness of between 9mm – 10mm which is quite ok considering the monster battery it uses (more on that later), and is available in black color only. Well, I mentioned earlier that it is a business phone, so don’t be too shocked by that.
Performance and Memory
Inside, the Doogee T5 is powered by an Octa-core MediaTek processor with 1.5GHz processing speed. All the hard work is not handled by that alone, as a Mali T720 graphics processor is included. High performance is guaranteed with this combo, more so that the eight cores of the CPU work on 64-bit technology.
The smartphone comes with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded by up to 32GB with an external SD card. With all these, you can throw caution to the winds and download that large game or movie series to keep yourself entertained at work.
The 13-megapixel camera present at the rear of the Doogee T5 is capable of taking highly detailed pictures at high resolution. The camera possesses a f/2.2 aperture which is thin enough to take in as many details as is needed to make your photos world-class. Furthermore, the rear camera uses 5P lens made by Samsung and PDAF which Doogee claims is faster than the blink of an eye and requires one operation to focus on objects. Below the rear camera is a flashlight that improves photo quality in low-light conditions.
At the front of the Doogee T5 is a 5 megapixels camera also manufactured by Samsung. The front camera uses a 1.4-micron pixel lens by OV and takes selfie capturing to the next level with 36 filters and beauty profiles for selfies.
Connectivity and Sensors
The Doogee T5 supports 4G FDD LTE network connectivity and has Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Hotspot Tethering capability. It has Bluetooth version 4.0 and comes with a dedicated GPS chip with Assisted GPS (A-GPS) for additional functionality.
Also Check Out:
The Doogee T5 comes with modern sensors including gravity, light and proximity sensors. The highlight is the IP67 certification, which means it is waterproof.
Battery and Software
The Doogee T5 boots Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box, and powers itself using a 4,500mAh Lithium battery. Coupled with various extreme power saving modes (Dose) on Marshmallow, you are guaranteed more than a day’s use on full charge. And if that is not enough, the battery is capable of fast charging with a 5V/2A power adapter.
Doogee T5 Specifications summary
- 5.0-inch HD Capacitive Touchscreen with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.
- IP67 Waterproof Certification.
- Dimensions – 153 x 82 x 15mm.
- Weight – 150 grams.
- 1.3GHz 64-bit Octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor.
- Mali-T720 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32GB ROM with expandable storage of 32GB.
- 13MP Rear Camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, and flash light.
- 5MP OV5648 front camera with 1.4-micron pixel.
- 4,500mAh Lithium Battery.
- 5V/2A power adapter for fast charge.
- 3.5mm Audio Jack.
- Dual SIM Slot.
- 4G FDD LTE.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, A-GPS.
- Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Accelerometer and Gravity Sensor.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Doogee T5 Price in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya
The Doogee T5 has not been released to customers yet, but it’s available for pre-sale on Aliexpress for the price of $229.99. It comes in black colour, and will be shipped to any country and location of your choice. It’s not known when the device would start shipping, though. You can pre-order the device here.
- Doogee Shoot 2: Dual Rear Camera Smartphone Review & Price
- Intex Aqua Strong 5.2 Specs Review & Price in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Google Pixel XL with Snapdragon 821 & 5.5-inch Display Specs Review & Price
- Google Pixel with Snapdragon 821 & 4GB RAM Specs Review & Price
- ARCHOS 55 Diamond Selfie Specs Review & Price
- Specs Review of Alcatel Pixi 4 Plus Power with Massive 5,000 mAh Battery