As we all know, the Internet Explorer is a software owned by Microsoft and comes by default on all PC running on Windows OS. Being a Mac user whose PC runs on OS X, you do not have access to Microsoft software for your Mac PC. Well, good news you can now download the Internet Explorer on your Mac. Find out how in this post as we are going to how to install and use the Microsoft Internet Explorer on your Mac PC in a simple method.
What we are going to use to do this is a service from Microsoft which is known as Modern.IE which is free for all users. With this, you can get the latest version of Internet Explorer available and also get it working smoothly on your Mac. To use this feature, the following should be accessible and put in place:
- A reliable internet connection.
- A free account on Microsoft (Outlook or Hotmail)
- The remote desktop from Mac by Microsoft. It is available on the App Store
For when you do not have the internet, running IE for Mac on a virtual machine is the best offline solution. Nevertheless, this is obviously a bit more technical than what we are about to discuss next.
How to use Modern.IE on Mac OS X with Remote Desktop
So we got to the detailed part of how to make this work. As long as you have downloaded the Remote Desktop app, you should be able to put the following steps into practice on any operating system compatible with this app. While the following tutorial was created for the OS X El Capitan, you can try it with Sierra, Yosemite, Mavericks, Snow Leopard or any other compatible OS:
- Download the Modern I.E software.
- Open the Modern I.E.
- Subscribe to it for free using your Microsoft account. A confirmation mail will be sent to your Microsoft account.
- Go over to your Microsoft account inbox and enter the mail which was sent to you.
- Click on the link to verify your account.
- Run the Remote Desktop app by Microsoft.
- In the title bar of the app, search for ‘Azure Remote App’. Click on it.
- Login to the app using your Microsoft login details and then authenticate your profile.
- Go to your Microsoft inbox and the accept the invitation to use IE.
- Double click on the IE Tech Preview button which is ‘Internet Explorer’.
- After the IE 11 has finished loading, search for the Internet Explorer on your Mac.
Moreover, from now on, you can enjoy Internet Explorer 11 for Mac, just as if you were running a native Windows OS. We challenge you to tell us if there is even the slightest difference that you can notice between this IE Tech Preview and using an IE version for Microsoft. We dare to bet you will not find any.