The new Odin has been released for Samsung Galaxy devices. Owners of Samsung Galaxy can download the latest version of Odin for PC from here now.
The latest version of Odin is only available for Windows. The new version supports the new compression method implemented by Samsung in its firmware files, supports all newer phones like the Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, Note 8, Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, and all previous phones.
What is Odin and what is it for? If you do not expect much from your smartphone, you may have never heard of Odin, a god of Nordic mythology... you are interested to know what Odin is and what it is for, then read this article.
If you have a Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, you must have heard about the Android Oreo installation problem. That problem was totally related to the old versions of Odin. Odin could not unzip Android Oreo update files. Samsung is using a new .lz4 compression for the files. Earlier versions of Odin supported the .tar and .md5 formats. Due to the new compression, it was not possible to install the update files on the phone.
Samsung thus had to withdraw the Android Oreo update for a while. When he repeated the update, he also released a new version of Odin that supports the new Oreo/Pie files. From now on you can install any firmware with the latest version of Odin.
I recommend you read this article if you have problems with Odin. The new version of Odin does not recognize your device, so read this article. Now you can go ahead and download the latest Odin on your Galaxy phone.
Download Odin version 2019
- Download Odin 3.13.1 - Download link
- Now extract the downloaded Odin v3.13.1 zip file.
- You will get several files after extracting it.
- The Odin.exe file is the one that will be started to access the tool.
- In the tool, you can find the AP, BL, CP, CSC and User Data tabs.
- You will upload the firmware files to the AP, BL, CP and CSC tabs to manually install a firmware.
- Generally, the only options that should be ticked in Odin are Auto Reboot and F.Reset.Time. No other options should be ticked.
- To allow Odin to install a firmware, a restore or a root file on your phone, you need to enable the OEM to unlock on it. That's all.
Older versions of Odin:
- Odin v3.12.10
- Odin3 V 3.12.7
- Odin3 V 3.12.5
- Odin3 V 220.127.116.11
- Odin3 V 3.12.3
- Odin3 V 3.11.1
- Odin3 V 3.10.7
- Odin3 V 3.10.6
- Odin3 V 3.10.0
- Odin3 V 3.09
- Odin3 V 3.07
- Odin3 V 3.06
- Odin3 V 3.04
- Odin3 V 1.85
- Odin3 V 1.83
You need to download the firmware for your Galaxy, then go here!