Personally, I really like customizing the name of my gadgets so that I will be able to manage it without any confusion. And guess what, I have been able to rename my HomePod and the room that it is located in. Spilling the beans about the name I decided to pick for my HomePod, I have gone for “King of Pop” and “Ecstacy” respectively.
Do you have any special name you wish to give to your speaker? Great! Let me show you how you too can customize the name of your HomePod via the Home app from your iPhone or iPad.
How to Rename Your HomePod Using Home App from iPhone and iPad
- First of all, you need to launch the Home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, tap on the Rooms tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, long-press the HomePod icon in the Home app and then tap on Details at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap on HomePod and then type in a new name you want for your HomePod.
- When you are done entering a new name, tap on Done to confirm the change.
That is all!
Now, the name you have set for your HomePod will be synced across all the devices you have connected to it as well as apps. Would you also like to give a new name to the room where the HomePod is located?
How to Rename The Room Your HomePod is Located
- Open the Home app on your iPhone or iPad and then tap on the Rooms tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, firmly press and hold on the HomePod icon. Tap on Details at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Next up, you need to scroll down the screen and then tap on “Create New.”
- Now, enter the name of the room.
- When you are done, tap on Save and then tap on Done to confirm your settings.
Both fans and expert have praised the sound quality of this smart speaker. What do you like best about the speaker? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might also want to catch up on these posts as well:
- How to Shop From Gearbest Easily in Nigeria
- How to Manage Alexa Voice Purchasing Settings from iPhone or Android
- How to Delete or Change Default WhatsApp Payment Bank Account on iPhone and Android
- How to Fix “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.” Issue
- How to Fix “Can’t Find Payments in WhatsApp” Issue on iPhone and Android