The Facebook social network app has become the primary medium to communicate with anyone around the world by sitting in any corner of your room. It is one of the most used social media apps that has changed the way people interact with each other efficiently and faster by commenting, sharing, liking, tagging, and even updating how one feels with the use emoticons, emojis, smileys and the new animated stickers. It is not just that; you can as well get a lot of other features like:
- Seeing what friends are up to
- Streaming and shooting live videos
- Getting notified when friends like and comment on your posts
- Playing games and use your favourite apps
Recently, Facebook added a new feature that allows users to insert stickers on the status and even comments. Many users have already started using this new feature on their timeline and comments, while some others are still wondering how they can use the same feature.
The use of Facebook animated stickers in posts is so boiling these days that it is nearly impossible to see any of your friends make a post on their timeline without using this exciting feature. Trust me; it is no big deal. The new Facebook stickers have become familiar to express what you feel whether you are sad, happy, annoying, lovable, shocked, silly, unsure, or angry.
This feature is only available on Android and iOS, not on desktop presently, but we expect it to come to that soon. Each Facebook user starts out with the default set of stickers packs, including the emojis. You can also do the traditional text smiley emoticon like “ 🙂 , 😀 , and 🙁 “ in your status and they will show up as little faces on your status, as well. But that is the old model.
The primary purpose of this tutorial is to guide you through the procedures to follow in other to insert stickers on your Facebook posts and comments. In other to get handful of this feature, you need to download the latest Facebook app from Google play Store. However, if you want to take a closer look at how to do it, here is the guide below:
How To Add New Stickers or Emoji On Facebook Timeline Posts/Status
- Log in to your Facebook account if you are using the app for the first time
- To make stickers appear at the top of your status, tap on “”What’s on your mind.”
- Type in your status update, then tap on the yellow smile icon as seen in the image below
- Select “Feeling/Activity” on the list as seen below
- You will be taken to a page showing feelings emojis, select the "stickers" menu option - the first one listed will be the default emojis, but you can download more at anytime using the ”plus” button.
- Select any of the stickers from the list, and it will appear above your composed status update.
- After you have selected this and inserted it into your post, you can add any other text you like as well. Click the "post" button at the top right corner when you're done to publish.
How To Add Stickers To Facebook Comments
- To make stickers appear in comments, tap on the tiny happy face icon at the bottom of the comment box, just to the right of the camera icon.
- You will be shown a list of "stickers" that you can browse through by swiping the screen left or right.
- Tap on the sticker you want to use from the list, and it will be published automatically
Note: unlike in status updates, sticker combined with text cannot be used in comment sections, you can either choose any of the two.
It can be trickier to add stickers in Facebook posts and comments because the social network doesn't offer a graphical guide to do this. The trick is simple, though. It's a lot easier to use stickers in Facebook posts and comments, as this basic tutorial explains.
Do have any questions regarding how to add animated stickers to Facebook posts and comments? Drop your questions in the comments box.