Facebook says it’s working to fix its battery-draining app. Meanwhile, Skype makes it super simple to chat with anyone – no account needed.
Facebook can drain your iPhone battery when the app isn’t being used – even when you set it to not refresh in the background.
Techlector Update explains the controversy around Facebook’s app, and there’s also some drama with Windows 10 software updates. However, Microsoft did make a helpful change to Skype. You can now Skype with anyone by sending a link, and they don’t need to create an account or download software:
Techlector Update delivers the tech news you need in under three minutes.
- WhatsApp for iOS is updated: from now you can see videos from Facebook and Instagram directly in the chat (photos)
- Twitter goes wrong: this is how you change your password
- Facebook Messenger will have new design soon, with dark theme included
- Infinite war: Facebook will change way to counter fake news once again
- Facebook whistleblower is going to testify before US Congress
- Photo website Flickr acquired by SmugMug