In a bid to become the undisputed king of Social Media and possibly of the Internet, Facebook has introduced a weather forecast feature to their mobile and desktop apps. They also have it in the works to make the weather forecasts appear in your News Feed; but until that happens, let’s guide you through the simple process of using this feature on your Android or iOS device. With this feature, you can get a detailed 24 – hour and 5 – day forecast. If you remember vividly, Facebook introduced a similar “weather greetings” feature on their mobile app some time last year; this is like an extension of that feature.
Follow the simple steps below to open the weather forecast feature on your smartphone (for Android and iOS devices only)
- Launch the app on your Android or iOS device
- Open the menu by clicking on the menu button at the top right corner of the app’s interface. The menu button is represented by three short lines, one above the next.
- In the menu screen that comes up, scroll down to the Apps section, then click on See All or See More option as the case may be.
- After scrolling through the list of apps and services, tap on Weather.
- Tap on the Settings button (a gear icon) to customize the unit of degree measurement – whether in Celsius or Fahrenheit – as well as change the city for the forecast or add more cities.
According to a Facebook spokesperson, the aim of adding the weather forecasts feature was to “connect people to those things they care about most and create moments of joy” (paraphrased).
Also Check Out:
It is worthy to note that Facebook would be using weather.com’s API for its data to keep you updated on the latest weather reports. Also, note that you need your phone’s GPS to be turned on to use this feature. Facebook is offering an option to set your notifications to receive the weather reports, allowing you to either turn on or turn off the feature. They also announced that they’ll be introducing a desktop weather app in March this year.
- How to View App Store Subscriptions Status on iPhone, iPad, and iTunes
- Different Ways To Mirror/Connect Google Pixel C Screen to TV
- How to Transfer Funds from Apple Pay Cash to your Bank Account
- How to Reopen Recently Closed Tabs in Safari on iPhone/iPad Running iOS 11
- How To Fix Apple Pay Cash Account Locked or Restricted
- How to Sync Apple TV Home Screen With All Apple TVs