Fero is a brand relatively unknown to many smartphone users and enthusiasts in Nigeria, but to those who are in the know, it is a fact that the company makes good smartphones. Fero Mobiles has silently launched a new smartphone, the Fero Mega LTE Blue into the Nigerian market.
The Fero Mega LTE Blue is a mid-range Android smartphone whose specs make me quite sceptical about the device; it is lacking in some areas while it has the right mashup of specs in other areas.
Fero Mega LTE Blue Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Fero Mega LTE Blue, like many other standard android smartphones, comes with a 5.5-inch HD screen which has a pixel density of 267PPI and is protected with Dragontail Glass. Quite disappointingly, the smartphone has a plastic build, but this is probably to reduce its weight (160g) and thickness (8.8mm).
The Mega LTE Blue is powered by a Spreadtrum SC9832 processor with four Cortex A53 processing cores and a clock frequency of 1.3GHz, combined with a Mali-400 MP2 GPU which handles its graphics operations. It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage which can be expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card.
The phone sports an 8MP autofocus camera at the rear with a LED flash which aids visibility in low-light conditions. The front of the smartphone is manned by a 5MP selfie shooter which is accompanied by a soft flash.
The Fero Mega LTE Blue packs a non-removable 2900mAh battery which discouraged me at first before I realised that it’s only 100mAh lower than the standard 3000mAh battery capacity of mid-range smartphones. It features a microUSB v2.0 port which possesses USB OTG functionality.
Also Check Out:
The Fero Mega LTE Blue packs a number of useful sensors like a gyroscope, compass and accelerometer, and it comes with a dual micro-SIM slot which supports 4G LTE networks. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box.
Fero Mega LTE Blue Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100.
- 4G: LTE bands – 3, 20 & 40..
- Network Speed: –
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Design & Display
- Dimensions: 155 * 76.6 * 8.8 mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display size: 5.5 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Density: 267 PPI.
- Display Technology: IPS LCD Capacitive touchscreen.
- Display Protection: Dragontail Glass.
- Build: Plastic with metal trimmings.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Grey.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Spreadtrum SC9832.
- Processor Speed: 1.3GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali 400 MP2.
- RAM: 2GB.
- Internal Storage: 16GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 32GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Compass.
- Rear: 8MP with Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5MP with soft flash.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.2.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: No.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery Capacity: 2900mAh.
- Battery Technology: Li-ion.
- Removable? No.
- Charging: Fast Charge – No.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: February 5, 2017.
- Availability: February 5, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦42,600.
- Kenya: KSh. 14026.60.
- Ghana: GH₵ 592.550.
Availability and Price of Fero Mega LTE Blue in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Fero Mega LTE Blue comes in Grey colour and is available for N42,600 on online smartphone stores in Nigeria like Jumia and Konga, as well as offline smartphone stores across the country.
Where to Buy Fero Mega LTE Blue & Pay On Delivery
Jumia Nigeria |from N13,995 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Kenya |from Ksh3,530 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Jumia Ghana |from GH?159 View Price Offers, Click Here!
Please Share & Comments! TechLector wants to hear from you. Show us some love by commenting in the comment box below…
- Top New Phones Coming Out This Year (2017) & 2018
- Blackview BV9000 Pro Review: a rugged phone with 18: 9 display & great power
- Apple iPhone X vs 10 Best Smartphone Competitors
- BEST Quad-camera Phones: 10 smartphones with 4 cameras in 2017
- Fero Royale X2 Review: Full Specification, Image and Price
- Kenxinda S9 With Dual 13MP Plus 8MP Camera Setup