As early as 2019, we could see the first phones that have diamond glasses or displays that are protected by special glass. This is reinforced with diamonds as opposed to other protective glasses. It is called Mirage Diamond Glass and is manufactured by Akhan Semiconductors.
Diamond glasses can also be used with other technologies
Akhan’s CEO said that glass-reinforced diamonds are much stronger and harder than traditional protective glass. Mirage Diamond Glass is made from laboratory-made diamonds, the main plus is that it can be used in combination with other technologies such as Gorilla Glass, which is now used by most phone manufacturers.
At this time, the phone slides are very prone to fall, with “admixing” diamonds they could become more durable. Currently, the latest tests are underway before the technology is offered to manufacturers. Initially, they want to cooperate with one manufacturer and then expand their cooperation to other “players” in the phone market.
For example, it is tested that diamond protection glass will have no effect on the touchscreen. Strength tests are also performed to ensure a good life. The results are not yet available, but given that phones with this technology should appear next year, they are probably on the right track. The only problem may be in the price.
In Other News:
- Xiaomi Mi 6X revealed: top specs for a low price
- We have good and bad news about the iPhone SE 2
- Xiaomi launches teaser of Mi 6X where to confirm 6GB of RAM and 128GB of ROM
- Motorola introduces five smartphones in Moto G6 and E5 series
- LG Start Rollout Android 8.0 (Oreo) For LG V30
- Its Official! Xiaomi Will Present Mi 6X On 25 April