Are you experiencing an Erratic screen while charging your iPhone? Well, we can help you fix it. Without wasting any more of your time, let’s get right down to the possible causes of your iPhone erratic screen and what you can do to fix it.
Causes And Solution To The iPhone Erratic Screen While Charging Problem
Before we begin, I’ll like to say that Charging and also using your phone at the same time might not be idle for your phone. It might get more hotter than usual, and it will definitely charge very slowly. Especially if you have your data connection Turned on. Now that we’ve gotten that out-of-the-way, we can go ahead solve the erratic screen while Charging problem.
Remove Your Phone Case
First off, you will need to remove your iPhone case(If you are using one) and try charging it to see if the problem persists as that might be the cause of the erratic screen. Phone cases are good but can sometimes make our phone uncomfortable. And when our phone gets uncomfortable, the screen misbehaves.
If your device charges after you’ve removed from the case then all you have to do is remove the case whenever you wanna charge it. I’ll recommend you get a new case if you Still want, or Better still use the phone without a case/Plastic Cover. If the problem persists, move on to the next step.
Try Out Another Charger
A fake charger can also have the same effect on your iPhone as it might not be delivering the right amount of voltage needed by your device. It might be delivering lower or higher than what the phone needs, thereby causing the screen to misbehave while Charging.
If you are unsure of the charger you are using them I’ll suggest you get a new/original charger. You can also try using a friend’s original iPhone charger just to make sure that it a charger related problem. If you are still experiencing an Erratic Screen while Charging with a new/original charger, then try the next step.
Perform A Forced Restart
If the above option did not work for you, then it is almost like a software issue. You will have to perform a forced restart to fix the problem. Performing a forced restart differs on different iPhone devices, and we will teach you how to about it.
On iPhone 6s, SE, 5, 5c, 4s, 4 or earlier
- – Press and Hold The Home Button and Power Button Simultaneously.
- – Hold on to the buttons till you see the Apple Logo.
- – When you see the Apple Logo, Let Go of both the Home Button and Power Button.
- – Wait for your phone to boot up. After booting up, Input Your Passcode, and that’s it.
On iPhone 7/7 Plus
- – Press and Hold the Power Button and Volume Down Button at the same time.
- – Hold the buttons until you see the Apple Logo, then let go of the buttons.
- – The phone will reboot and ask for a Passcode, Input it and you’re good to go.
On iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X
- – Quickly Press and Release the Volume Up Button.
- – Quickly Press and Release the Volume Down Button.
- – immediately Press and Hold the Power Button till you see the Apple Logo.
- – After it boots up, Enter your Passcode and that’s it.
The forced restart is meant to fix most problems with the software of your iPhone is will most like fix your iPhone erratic screen while Charging. It will not wipe your phone data, in case you were wondering.
Most users of various iPhone devices have sighted step number 2 as the Culprit of the iPhone erratic screen while Charging. Since they’ve changed their iPhone chargers, they haven’t experienced such problem again.
Which worked for you? Let us know in the comment section down below.