Apple pay cash account locked or restricted? Here is how to fix it
So you want to send some payments or wanted to send money to a friend using iMessage on your iPhone and you discovered that your Apple Pay Cash account has been locked. What do you do to fix this issue so you can continue to send and receive money using P2P?
There is an easy solution to this provided by Apple which can help you fix the locked or restricted Apple Pay Cash account. However, before we proceed to learn how to fix this issue, there are some important things you need to know first.
How to Remove Lock or Restriction from Apple Pay Cash Account
Difference Between Locked and Restricted Apple Pay Cash Account
- In cases where you have your bank account restricted, you will still be able to transfer your Apple Pay Cash balance to your bank. You can also use it to make purchases in stores, within apps and on the web.
- However, in cases where your Apple Pay Cash account is locked, you are prevented from using Apple Pay Cash to make purchases, add, send and receive money. You will also not be able to transfer funds to your account.
- Apple may lock or restrict your Apple Pay Cash account whenever it finds your account involved in any suspicious activity. This is done to protect your account.
What to Do When Your Apple Pay Cash Account is Locked or Restricted?
- First of all, if you discover that your Apple Pay Cash account has been locked or restricted, the first thing you need to do is go to your Apple Pay Cash card in Wallet and verify your identity.
- on your iPhone: If you manage your account from your iPhone, you need to open the Wallet app on your iPhone and tap on your Apple Pay Cash Card.
- On your iPad: Open the Settings app on your iPad and then tap on the “Wallet & Apple Pay” option. Now you need to tap on the Apple Pay Cash card.
- On Your Apple Watch: Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on “Wallet & Apple Pay.” Next, tap on your Apple Pay Cash card.
- Now, you will see the option to verify identity. Tap on it.
- Now, you need to follow the steps you see on your screen to verify your identity.
What do you do if your account is still locked or restricted even after you have verified your identity?
If after you have verified your identity you still weren’t able to unlock or remove restriction from your Apple account, the best option is to contact Apple support for help.
Apple adding the “Peer-to-Peer” money transfer function has made the reputation of iMessage even better. Tell us what you think about the new P2P money transfer function in the comment section below. Thank you.