At the end of this tutorial, you should be able to manually scan for all the corrupted files in your OS and how to easily fix them.
As you should already know – unless you are recently introduced to the world of computing and Internet – that the majority of PC users have their PCs running on Microsoft’s Windows OS. It is due to the simple and user-friendly nature of the OS that it has become so popular.
However, problems might arise when some of the Windows OS files on your PC become corrupted; maybe due to virus attacks or some other reason. This can result in the malfunctioning of the PC, such as a really slow booting or lagging of the system. Possible solutions to this problem include the use of antivirus programs to disinfect the system or a complete reinstallation of the OS.
The solution proffered in this tutorial is a simple one that just involves you typing some commands on your system and voila! You are done.
Follow the steps below to scan and fix the corrupted Windows OS files on your PC.
- Step 1: From the Start menu, type “Powershell” without the quotes. Right click on it and select “Run as Administrator”.
- Step 2: Secondly, in the PowerShell, type and enter the command to scan for the corrupted OS files.
- Step 3: Next, to fix the corrupted files, enter the command below
Dism/Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
- Step 4: Windows should start fixing the corrupted OS files now. All you need to do is to be patient and wait for the process to finish.
- Step 5: The next step is to download the Windows ISO file to get the files recovered.
- Step 6: For the sixth step, mount the ISO file by right-clicking on it and clicking on “mount”.
- Step 7: Go back to PowerShell and enter the following command
Dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Y:\sources\install.wim:1
*Replace the letter ‘Y’ with the drive letter of your Windows installation media.
- Step 8: Finally enter this command again
If you were successful, a message should appear telling you that the files have been successfully recovered.
And that’d be all for now. Hope you enjoyed it? Please don’t forget to share with your friends and family.
Have a nice day!