Many people have complained about the slow internet connection of their Sony Xperia smartphones. Some say the problem occurs when apps like Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter are being used on the phone.
There are many reasons behind slow internet connection on Sony Xperia smartphones, and before we talk about how to solve the internet connection problem, we are going to look at the causes of the slow internet connection on Xperia phones.
Common reasons why Sony Xperia smartphones’ Internet connection is slow:
- Outdated browser software or browser software requires an update.
- Exceeded data speed limit or speed reduction is reached.
- The website is under heavy load or too many users accessing the site.
- Device memory is low.
- Apps running in the background.
- Poor Wi-Fi network.
- Internet cache is corrupted or full.
- Update the Sony Xperia smartphone firmware.
- Network congestion or too many users on the network.
- Poor signal or low signal strength.
As we have seen the possible reasons why your Sony Xperia smartphone internet connection might be lagging above, you should check your phone to see which of these is the problem. After you have checked the cause but still can’t figure out what to do, follow these steps below to fix your problem.
1. Check The WiFi Of The Xperia Phone
You have to be sure that the WiFi on the device is turned off as it may be connected to a weak network or a network with a weak signal, and this may end up being the cause of the slow internet connection.
Turn off the WiFi by following these steps:
- Go to your phone menu.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the ‘Connections’ option.
- Select WiFi.
- Click on the toggle button to turn the WiFi on and off.
2. Clear Caches On Sony Xperia Phone
Having too much cache on your phone slows down your phone internet speed at times, and so, clearing cache on your Sony Xperia will probably increase your phone’s internet speed.
Follow the steps below to clear your phone cache:
- Turn on your Sony Xperia smartphone
- Go to Settings.
- Click on App Manager
- Find and Choose app you want to clear the cache for
- After you have selected the app, look for the app info screen
- Select the Clear Cache
- However, to clear the app cache for all apps, go to Settings > Storage
- Select Cached Data to clear all app caches simultaneously.
In most cases, after clearing the phone cache, the internet speed issue should be solved but if the problem persists, completing a wipe cache partition.
3. Scan Sony Xperia Smartphone For Malware
If the above do not work then you should try scanning your Sony Xperia phone for malware.
4. Get Technical Support
If you have done all these and your internet connection speed is still slow, then the last option is to seek technical assistance.
Have you been experiencing a slow internet connection on your Android smartphone? Do let us know in the comment section below.