If after downloading your Android phone system update and you encounter error message that pops saying, “Unfortunately, System Update has stopped” whenever you try to install the system upgrade, don’t worry we are here to help you fix that. We have devised a means you can bypass this error message and install the phone system update without any issue.
This error message is usually seen on phones running on custom Android ROMs. So if you have flashed a new ROM on your device, then there is the possibility that you get this error message too. Anyway, you do not need to worry because you are in the right place and at the right time.
Enough of a headache that this is currently causing you, because we have a solution to this no-brainer you might now be seeing as a problem. Follow the simple steps below to solve the problem:
How to Fix Unfortunately, System Update has stopped (Infinix Phones):
If you have downloaded the ROM, but getting the above error, follow this steps
- First, you need to turn off your phone
- Boot the phone into recovery using pressing and holding the power button + the volume up button
- Wait until the phone powers on and show you an android logo with a red triangle, just press and hold the power button + volume up button again for like 2 seconds and the recovery page should come up
- Use the volume down button to navigate downwards, and use the power button to select “Apply update from cache.“
- Select “system_update” from the menu you see and choose Update.zip
- At this stage, you need to wait till you get the message “Install from cache complete.“
- After finishing this step, select to reboot system update now and there you have it
Now you have just finished installing OTA manually and solving the system update error message. The system update has been completed. If you have any issues relating to this, please drop it in our comment box, and we will reply you as soon as we can.