Have you ever wanted a tablet PC with a sharp, Retina display like the iPad’s but at a cheaper cost? Then you should consider the FNF iFive Mini 4S.
The FNF iFive Mini 4S comes sports a sharp 7.9-inch 2K display. Also known as the RePad 8 in the U.S, this tablet PC is a nice challenger to Apple Inc.’s iPad Mini 2.
Below is a quick review on the FNF iFive Mini 4S, read on to see how this oddly named tablet PC stands a chance against the iPad.
- 7.9inch Retina 10-points capacitive touchscreen
- 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution
- Double-sided glass design
- 2MP front camera, 8MP rear camera
- 4800maAh Li-Po thin and long-lasting battery
- Rockchip RK3288 1.8GHz Quad core CPU Cortex A17
- Mali-T764 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB ROM
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Dimension: 198 x 133 x 7.0mm
Design & Display
The iFive Mini 4S is a solidly-built device with a metal-clad body. This tablet PC features a fully laminated 7.9-inch IPS screen as already stated. Screen resolution on the iFive Mini 4S is 2048 x 1536, which translates to a 326PPI (reminiscent of the iPad Mini 2). The premium build of this device is something that defies its cheap price.
This tablet is one of the slimmest in the market with a thickness of only 7.0mm. The FNF iFive Mini 4S is also a lightweight device weighing only 340 grams.
Hardware, OS & Performance
Under the hood, you’ll find a quad-core CPU clocked at 1.8GHz and a Mali-T760 GPU. The FNF iFive Mini 4S performs pretty well with 2GB of RAM and has a 32GB ROM, which can be expanded to a further 128GB via a microSD.
Also Check Out:
For software, you get the Android 6.0 Marshmallow running on the iFive Mini 4S. This means that users get access to a vast collection of apps and games available for download from the Google Play Store.
Surprisingly, this is one tablet that broke away from the usual 2MP or maximum 5MP rear camera found in most tablet PCs. The FNF iFive Mini 4S packs an 8MP rear camera and a 2MP camera on the front. Although these cameras offer more resolutions than 2013’s iPad Mini 2, you can’t dispute the great quality of Apple’s products.
To power the FNF iFive Mini 4S is a 4800mAh Li-Po battery. This battery will provide about 4 hours of video playback time and more on standby. This is quite disappointing given that the iPad Mini 2 comes with a larger 6470mAh battery. Based on the data from the manufacturer, the battery takes about 3 hours to get fully charged.
For less than $300 and with some top-notch features including a slim package, the iFive Mini 4S is quite the challenger for the iPad Mini 2 with almost the same specs – besides the OS, battery, chipset etc.
- FNF iFive Pro 2 Phoenix OS Tablet: A Nice Alternative To The iPad
- Cube i7: 4GB RAM, 128GB ROM Device with 4G LTE Connectivity
- Teclast X80 Pro Dual OS Tablet Review, Features & Price
- The Cube iWork10 Ultimate Review
- Tecno DroidPad 8D Full Specs Reviews & Price
- Onda V919 Air CH Tablet PC Has A Monster Battery, See Specs And Price