Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 - the presumed new high-end tablet of the Korean company - I was almost completely revealed by an exclusive on the Android Headlines website that shared a series of official press releases.
The product, as anticipated in recent weeks, will feature a brand new rear end fitted with a real S-Pen housing which will at the same time allow the nib to be stored and recharged through the use of a magnetic attachment and wireless charging. Recharging will be necessary as the new generation S-Pen - also revisited from the design point of view - will be equipped with Bluetooth connectivity.
The remaining features confirmed by the image include:
- no 3.5mm jack
- accessories similar to those already available with Galaxy Tab S5e (keyboard)
- four speakers (two at the top and two at the bottom) with AKG audio
No information was provided regarding the possible presence of the integrated fingerprint sensor under the display.
Clues are multiplying on the South Korean manufacturer's next high-end tablet: after the rumors of the past few days about the name, photos and technical characteristics, another and more consistent proof of the imminent arrival of the Galaxy Tab S6 arrives. The device was in fact certified by the Bluetooth SIG and in the attached documentation it is expressly referred to both the commercial name and the model number: Galaxy Tab S6 (SM-T865).
The document certifies compliance with the Bluetooth 5.0 specifications, while the model number SM-T865 was previously referred to the version of the tablet with LTE connectivity. No doubt now on the hypothesis put forward in recent days: Samsung will actually skip a number going from the previous Galaxy Tab 4 to 6 without "intermediate stops". The Bluetooth certification is not able to confirm the remaining technical specifications but suggests that the tablet is getting closer to commercialization.
The new sighting represents an opportunity to summarize the previous rumors on the technical sheet (the premise is that they must be considered rumors awaiting confirmation):
- 10.5 "Super AMOLED with reduced frames
- Integrated fingerprint sensor
- SoC Snapdragon 855
- (not less than) 6GB of RAM
- 128 or 256GB of expandable storage memory
- Double rear camera with 13 and 5-megapixel sensors
- 8 MegaPixel front camera
- Magnetically hookable to the body to facilitate transport and recharging
- It will allow you to perform many functions with a single button (eg pause a video or scroll through a presentation slide)
- Four loudspeakers made in collaboration with AKG
- WiFI (SM-T860) and LTE (SM-T865)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: up to 15 hours
- Other: support for Dex (desktop mode) and Bixby
- Accessories: keyboard cover
- Colors: gray, blue and black
- Android 9 Pie operating system
No news on the presentation date that, as mentioned in recent days, could coincide with the one set for the launch of the new Notes 10 (7 August) or with IFA 2019.