General Mobile has been in the business of producing Android One smartphones in conjunction with Google since last year (when the General Mobile 4G was launched), and it’s adding another smartphone, the General Mobile GM 5 to that collection with the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 7.0 Nougat.
The GM 5 is a budget smartphone, but specs like Android 7.0 Nougat OS and dual LED flash could make you think otherwise.
General Mobile GM 5 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The General Mobile GM 5 smartphone comes with a 5-inch HD OnCell IPS display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 4. It’s powered by a 64-bit Quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with a speed of 1.2GHz, and an Adreno 306 GPU handles graphics operations.
The GM 5 comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 64GB with a microSD card. It comes in Single and Dual SIM variants and supports 4G LTE network connection.
The General Mobile GM 5 sports a 13MP camera with dual LED flash and 1080p video recording at the rear, while at the front there’s a 5MP selfie shooter. The GM 5 packs a 2500mAh battery and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat right out of the box.
General Mobile GM 5 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM.
- 3G: UMTS, HSPA.
- 4G: LTE.
- SIM Type: Single / Dual SIM.
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Dimensions: 140.5 * 69.75 * 9.3mm.
- Weight: 160g.
- Display: 5-inch, 1280 * 720 pixels HD, IPS OnCell display.
- Build: -.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black Space Grey & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916).
- Processor Speed: 1.2 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad-core.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 306.
- RAM: 2 GB.
- Internal Storage: 16 GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 64 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity.
- Rear: 13 MP, Autofocus, Dual LED flash.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 5 MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA,.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: -.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes.
- USB: micro USB v2.0.
- USB OTG: No.
- NFC: -.
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: 2500 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge: –.
- Power Management: Nougat’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 4, 2016.
- Availability: November 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms: TBA
- Launch Price: TBA
General Mobile GM 5 Availability and Price Details in Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The General Mobile GM 5 comes in Black, Gold and Space Grey colours and Single / Dual SIM variants. Pricing details are not known yet, but we do know that the GM 5 will be officially sold in 20 countries around the world including Azerbaijan, Albania, Afghanistan, Belgium, Bosnia, Croatia, Cyprus, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Iraq, Kenya, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Pakistan, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey and Uzbekistan.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.