Do you know that the updated version of the Nigeria’s drivers’ license is recognized and can be used in three states in the U.S.A and seven countries in Europe? While relevant authorities are working on expanding its scope all around the world, Nigerians at home wait on long queues at the FRSC to get their licenses. The Nigerian drivers’ license is not only used for authenticating individuals’ driving abilities. It is also used for identification purposes across different sectors in the Nigerian economy.
Also Check Out:
Do you know how to get a new driver’s license? Here are the 9 steps:
Get training at an accredited driving school. A list of FRSC accredited driving schools can be found here.
The driving school will present you after your training to a VIO (Vehicle Inspection Officer) for a driving test.
If you pass the test, you will obtain a certificate of proficiency from the VIO.
At the Drivers’ License Center (DLC), you will be given a driver’s license application form for you to complete.
The cost of the new driver’s license is N6,000 to be paid at the bank. Print the acknowledgment slip containing your transaction number and payment details and pay at the bank.
Present your completed application form to the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) officer and VIO at the DLC for endorsement.
Then go to the FRSC Officer at the DLC for your biometric data capture.
Get a temporary driver’s license valid for 60 days.
After 60 days, pick up your original driver’s license at the BIR Office. Simple as ABC! Get yours today
- Vespa Elettrica – the first electric scooter from the Italian brand
- Monster Automobile: Ford F-150 Raptor 2017
- The agony of a Nigerian tech startup founder
- Slot Nigeria Phone Price List: 2017
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X with 4GB RAM & Snapdragon processor launched: Specs & Price in India
- Study Claims Smartphone Usage While Driving Is Increasing Traffic Accident and Car Insurance Rates