Gionee has already released many smartphones this year in all sectors – budget, mid-range & high end – but they’re not done yet. A new Gionee smartphone, the Gionee F5 which was certified back in December by China’s certification site, TENAA, has been launched in China.
The Gionee F5 berths in the mid-range section with an unusual screen size, powerful battery and overall good specs for a modern smartphone.
Gionee F5 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee F5 comes with a 5.3-inch display with an HD (1280 * 720) pixel resolution. Considering that most smartphones come with either a 5-inch display or 5.5-inch display these days, one can say Gionee is looking to get new customers with the uncommon screen size of the Gionee F5.
It has a metal unibody design and a physical home button with a fingerprint sensor embedded in it. The smartphone is powered by an octa-core processor with a speed of 15GHz, has 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal memory which can be expanded up to 128GB via a microSD slot.
A 13MP camera with autofocus mans the rear of the smartphone while an 8MP camera holds the photography fort at the front. It comes with a Dual SIM slot with support for 4G VoLTE. The Gionee F5 packs a 4000mAh battery and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo UI layered on top.
Gionee F5 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100.
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO / TD-SCDMA.
- 4G: LTE with VoLTE.
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600)
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.2.
- Dimensions: 150 * 74.5 * 7.7 mm.
- Weight: 162 g.
- Display size: 5.3 inches.
- Display Resolution: 1280 * 720 pixels (HD).
- Display Technology: IPS Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Gold & Rose Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit MediaTek MT6750.
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core.
- Graphics Processor: Mali T860.
- RAM: 4GB.
- Internal Storage: 32GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 128GB.
- Sensors: Gravity, Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyroscope & Compass.
- Rear: 13 MP with Autofocus.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p.
- Front-facing: 8MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.1.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS & GLONASS.
- USB: micro-USB v2.0
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge –
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: February 6, 2017.
- Availability: February 6, 2017.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: TBA.
- Offline: –
- Launch Price:
- China: 1,799 Yuan.
- India: Rs. 17,600.
- USA: $260.
Gionee F5 Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Gionee F5 comes in Gold and Rose Gold colour versions and is available in China for 1799 Yuan.