Gionee is set to blow the minds of its numerous customers with a powerful 4G-enabled Android smartphone that runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) – the Gionee M2017.
The Gionee M2017 was announced officially in China today, and its specs are sure to excite you. It has a large screen with massive 6GB RAM, an impressive 13MP primary camera with LED flash and a massive 7000mAh battery capacity.
Gionee M2017 Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee M2017 comes in a metal body design with a 5.7-inch AMOLED display which has a resolution of 2560 * 1440 pixels (515 PPI pixel density) for people who love large screens. The phone screen is made of 2.5D Sapphire Glass which protects it from scratches. It measures 155.2 * 77.6 * 10.78 mm and has a body weight of about 238 grammes.
The Gionee M2017 has an impressive 1.95GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 653 processor and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.5 layered on top. It sports a 6GB RAM and comes in 128GB and 256G internal memory variants.
The M2017 joins the growing list of smartphones with dual rear cameras; it houses a combination of 12MP + 13MP cameras at the rear, both of which are accompanied by a LED flash. It also sports a terrific 12MP front shooting camera for selfie-loving freaks.
The smartphone comes in Black and Gold colours and packs a whopping 7000mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery to give the users a talk time of up to 30 hours and a standby time of 750 hours; there’s absolutely no need to carry chargers around as the smartphone itself can be used as a Power bank 🙂 .
Also Check Out:
As if that isn’t enough, the phone supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging technology which guarantees you a battery level of up to 70% in just 30 minutes of charging.
The Gionee M2017 supports dual Nano-SIM and dual standby. Its connectivity options include; Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB OTG, 3G and 4G LTE. It also has an FM radio feature. The smartphone comes with useful sensors like; Compass, Magnetometer, Proximity, Gyro, Ambient light and fingerprint sensor.
Gionee M2017 Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G: HSPA+ GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 4G: LTE – band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Amigo OS 3.5.
- Dimensions: 155.2 * 77.6 * 10.78 mm
- Weight: 238g.
- Display: 5.7-inch, 1440 * 2560 pixels (515 PPI), AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Unimetal Body Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Black & Gold.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Snapdragon 653 Processor.
- Processor Speed: 1.95 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs.
- Graphics Processor: Adreno 510.
- RAM: 6GB.
- Internal Storage: 128GB/256GB.
- External Storage: Unavailable.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, Infrared, Fingerprint Sensor.
- Rear: 13MP+12MP dual cameras.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 2K.
- Front-facing: 8MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS.
- USB: USB Type-C.
- USB OTG: Yes.
- NFC: Yes
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-ion 7000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast-charging – Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, water droplet resistant, panorama, HDR.
- Launch Date: December 27, 2016.
- Availability: TBA
- Sales stores/platforms: Pre-order (China)
- Online: – TBA
- Offline: – TBA
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: ₦430,000.
- Kenya: KSh 103,091.
- Ghana: GH₵ 4339.
- India: Rs. 68,240.
- China: ¥ 6999.
- USA: $1007.
- UK: £822.
- Europe: €964.
Gionee M2017 Availability and Price Details in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
The Gionee M2017 smartphone comes in Black and Gold colours and costs 6999 Yuan in China. There is also an exclusive version of the Gionee M2017 with Italian custom alligator leather back which costs 16,999 Yuan in China. The smartphone is available for pre-order in the country.
- Gionee S9T Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Gionee Steel 2 with 4000mAh battery & 3GB RAM: Specs & Price in China
- Gionee S9 with Dual rear cameras and Helio P10 Processor launched in China
- Samsung W2017 Flip Phone Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana
- Meizu Pro 6S Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Ghana & Kenya
- LeEco Le X850 (Le Max 3) Specs Review & Price in China, Nigeria, Kenya & Ghana