Gionee, a Chinese Company with a strong offline retail presence in India, has launched the Gionee M6 Lite as a successor to the Gionee M6 Plus that was launched earlier along with the Gionee M6. The Gionee M6 Lite is a lighter version of the M6 and it comes with downgraded specifications in order to compete with low-cost smartphones in the market.
It has a metallic back design with narrow bezels on the sides. It also comes with an advanced encryption feature thereby offering you the latest security to keep your phone details private.
Gionee M6 Lite Specifications, Review and Highlights
The Gionee M6 Lite sports a 5.5 Inch Full HD AMOLED display and a resolution of 1080 * 1920 (401 PPI) pixels to give a good picture representation. The Gionee M6 Lite packs a powerful non-removable Li-polymer 5000mAh battery to give you a long usage time.
The M6 Lite comes with a 13MP camera with a f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus (PDAF) and LED flash at the rear, and an 8MP front camera, not bad at all for taking pictures even in the dark.
The latest Gionee smartphone is powered by an Octa-core MediaTek MT6755 Helio P10 with Mali-T860MP2 GPU and a speed of 1.8GHz.
The Gionee M6 Lite offers a 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM which is expandable to 256GB. It also comes with a slot for the micro SD. The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow right from the box.
It features a fingerprint sensor and supports Wi-fi/2G/3G/4G/LTE. The device comes with Bluetooth, USB and a GPS. It has a dual-SIM card slot that receives micro SIM cards.
Gionee M6 Lite Full Phone Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 3G: HSPA+ GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900.
- 4G: LTE LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (Micro SIM, dual standby).
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Dimensions: 152.3 * 75.3 * 8.2 mm (6.00 * 2.96 * 0.32 in).
- Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz).
- Display: 5.5 inches, 1080 * 1920 pixels FHD, 401 pixels per inch (PPI) AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- Build: Metal Unibody Design.
- Form Factor: Touchscreen Bar.
- Colours: Mocha Gold & Champagne.
- Processor Name/Technology: 64-bit Mediatek MT6755 Helio P10.
- Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz.
- Number of Processor Cores: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53).
- Graphics Processor: GPU: Mali-T860 MP2.
- RAM: 4 GB.
- Internal Storage: 64GB.
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Light, Proximity, 0.23 second Fingerprint Sensor speed.
- Rear: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF.
- LED Flash: Yes.
- Video recording: Yes, 1080p @ 30fps
- Front-facing: 8MP.
- Music Support: AAC, AMR, MP2, MP3, M4A, MKA.
- Loudspeaker: Yes.
- Audio Technology: –
- Video Support: MP4/MPEG4/H.263/H.264 player.
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Bluetooth: v4.0.
- Bluetooth Profiles: LE.
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot.
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS.
- USB: v2.0.
- USB OTG: Yes
- NFC: –
- 3.5mm audio jack: Yes.
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh.
- Charging: Fast Charge – Yes.
- Power Management: Marshmallow’s Battery Saving mode.
- Extra Features: –
- Launch Date: November 21, 2016.
- Availability: November 25, 2016.
- Sales stores/platforms:
- Online: Kilimall (Kenya).
- Offline: Kilimall (Kenya).
- Online: Kilimall (Kenya).
- Launch Price
- Nigeria: from N82,740.
- Kenya: Ksh 19,999.
- Ghana: GHS 800.
- India: Rs. 13,427
- China: 1, 356 Chinese Yuan.
- USA: $197.
- UK: £157.
- Europe: €185.
Gionee M6 Lite Availability and Price Details in Kenya, Nigeria & Ghana
The Gionee M6 Lite has been launched in Kenya at a price of Ksh. 19,999 and it will be available exclusively on Kilimall Kenya for Black Friday on November 25, after which it will be available throughout the country and probably in other African markets.
The Gionee M6 Lite is not yet available in Nigeria; when it becomes available, we’ll let you know. The Gionee M6 Lite comes in Mocha Gold and Champagne colours.
Lastly, do not forget to subscribe for our weekly email newsletter to make sure you do not miss out on the juicy stuff in the world of tech. Use the subscription form below. Don’t forget to share this post if you like it. Cheers.